NW.js v0.12.0 released

Roger

Mar 5, 2015, 8:34:28 AM3/5/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
(If you have been following the test releases, please see the section "changes since v0.12.0-rc1".)

Hello,
I'm pleased to announce NW.js 0.12.0. This is the first major release after the project was renamed NW.js. We migrated to IO.js and Chromium is updated to 41.0.2272.76, which upstream just released 2 days ago.

There are several new features:

- new chrome.webrequest API so you can observe and analyze traffic and
to intercept, block, or modify requests in-flight [1]

- new 'webview' tag from Chrome extensions to run third party content
in a separate process [2]. Using iframe with 'nwfaketop' is still
suggested if you don't care the process separation, because you have
the full direct access to the DOM with the iframe way.

- new 'bg-script' field in the manifest: you can launch a script on
start in a separate background process with it; you can also launch
the first window in that script. Note: the 'main' field is not
mandatory any more with this field in present.

- a new tool 'nwjc' [3] replaces 'nwsnapshot', with which you can compile your JS source code to machine code. Various limitations are fixed by the new tool.

- support Linux Pepper flash plugin. Example command line usage for linux pepper flash plugin support:
  --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome-beta/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=15.0.0.152

- support screen sharing by selection [4]

* Changes since v0.12.0-rc1
  - Chromium updated to 41.0.2272.76
  - Screen sharing by selection: OSX and Win implementation [4]
  - Fix #3165: crash on auth in webview

Regards,

Roger & Kevin

Kamesh Arumugam

Mar 5, 2015, 9:56:04 AM3/5/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
was expecting to test webview https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/3126 :(

Thanks,
Kamesh.

Laszlo Z. Antal

Mar 5, 2015, 10:44:29 AM3/5/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome!!
Thank you!

Laszlo

Paul Anthony Webb

Mar 5, 2015, 11:11:30 AM3/5/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Nice, 12.0 is here!

Robert Starsi

Mar 5, 2015, 12:01:02 PM3/5/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
awesome release. thank you!

Thomas Wickham

Mar 5, 2015, 12:06:18 PM3/5/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic ! Thanks Roger Wang. :)

Screen sharing is quite awesome.

Do you want us to test specifically something ?

ma...@joachim-bauch.de

Mar 6, 2015, 6:43:38 AM3/6/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks!

Could you please also tag the dependencies like node or blink for the new release on Github to make rebuilding exactly this release easier in the future?

Roger

Mar 6, 2015, 9:13:45 AM3/6/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Done. Thanks for the reminder.

Roger

kern...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2015, 6:29:33 PM3/17/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
12.0 looks nice.  Any news on when you will pull in Chromium 42?  And with that would we get web notification, like in Chrome?

olim...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 8:45:15 AM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Why version number in this build is still 0.12.0-alpha2? (getting from process.versions['node-webkit'])

Anatoly Pashin

Mar 24, 2015, 7:38:24 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
JSON.stringify(process.versions, true, "  ")
"{
  "http_parser": "2.3.0",
  "node": "1.2.0",
  "v8": "3.32.7",
  "uv": "1.4.0",
  "zlib": "1.2.5",
  "ares": "1.10.0-DEV",
  "modules": "43",
  "openssl": "1.0.1k",
  "node-webkit": "0.12.0",
  "nw-commit-id": "f6c7f79-10b9c03-be948af-459755a-2bdc251-c114bb7",
  "chromium": "41.0.2272.76"
}"

I'm on Windows, all's ok with version.

Why version number in this build is still 0.12.0-alpha2? (getting from process.versions['node-webkit'])

Пашин Анатолий,
эникейщик.

Roger Wang

Mar 24, 2015, 9:45:19 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com, kern...@gmail.com
Hello,

The next major Chromium update will be in nw13, in which we'll bring in many features from the Chromium browser, including the message center based notification and more chrome.* APIs. The first alpha version is expected to be available in early May.

Thanks,

Roger

Anatoly Pashin

Mar 24, 2015, 9:47:20 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

ncluding the message center based notification

Wow, waited for this for tqwo years.

--
Пашин Анатолий,
эникейщик.

Roger Wang

Mar 24, 2015, 9:49:37 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com, ma...@joachim-bauch.de
The dependencies' repos have been tagged with 'nw-v0.12.0'. Please check it.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger Wang

Mar 24, 2015, 9:51:52 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 1:06:18 AM UTC+8, Thomas Wickham wrote:
Fantastic ! Thanks Roger Wang. :)

Screen sharing is quite awesome.

Do you want us to test specifically something ?

The test framework need a rewrite. If someone will work on this it would be very much appreciated. And it's written in JS.

Thanks,

Roger

Pier Bover

Mar 24, 2015, 9:53:20 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-general
That's great news Roger!

 including the message center based notification and more chrome.* APIs

What about the USB and Bluetooth APIs?

Roger Wang

Mar 24, 2015, 9:56:18 PM3/24/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 9:53:20 AM UTC+8, Pier Bover wrote:
That's great news Roger!

 including the message center based notification and more chrome.* APIs

What about the USB and Bluetooth APIs?

Those would be available.

Regards,

Roger

ganbat otgonbaatar

Apr 2, 2015, 11:02:07 PM4/2/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
nwworkingdir is not working

Murray Hopkins

Apr 3, 2015, 4:40:24 PM4/3/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

You might want to be more specific. It is working for me as documented. What exactly isnt working? Can you provide an example of your code?
Murray

teesbase

May 18, 2015, 7:54:52 AM5/18/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Is there any documentation on how to access chrome.webrequest API?

VoidVolker

May 18, 2015, 10:54:10 AM5/18/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/webRequest