Issue: loading compiled file with NW.js

Ishanuda

Sep 30, 2021, 9:31:52 AM9/30/21
to nw.js

Hi,
I tried to compile the Nest.js application with the ncc library.
The compile file can run without problems using the node index.js command.
The problem comes when running the file using the NW.js app.
The app crashes and closes automatically.

I am using TypeORM with sqlite3 in the application.
When I compile the app without TypeORM and sqlite3, the NW.js app runs without any errors.
Once the app compiled with the above two libraries it can only run with ndoe command but not with NW.js app.

Node: 14.17.1
@nestjs/core: 8.0.0
sqlite3: 5.0.2
typeorm: 0.2.37
typescript: 4.3.5
@vercel/ncc: 0.31.1
nw.js : 0.49.1

Any idea to look for debugging the problem.
Thank you

russell....@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2021, 1:28:47 PM9/30/21
to nw.js
Not sure, but I think your issue is you need to make sure the native node modules are compiled for nwjs, not whatever local node you have going.

https://nwjs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/Advanced/Use%20Native%20Node%20Modules/

Ishanuda

Oct 4, 2021, 7:40:13 AM10/4/21
to nw.js
Hi Russell,
Thank you very much for the information.
It was very helpful.