Problem with CMD+1 shortcut on nw.js newer than 28.3

Ivica Ico Bukvic

Aug 11, 2022, 2:03:06 PM8/11/22
to nw.js
Hi all,

I have a software project that has nw.js OSX menu shortcuts for select options set to CMD+1 through CMD+5. Up until 0.28.3 these shortcuts worked just fine (and still do with the latest code). However on newer versions (I tried 0.59, 0.62, and 0.67) this shortcut does not register at all. This is on OSX 10.14.6. The same has been reported by other users.

Curiously, if I set the shortcut to CMD+Shift+1, it works, but CMD+1 alone does not. So, out of all the number keys only 0 works. 1-9 do not (same behavior as above). All other keys (letters) work fine with CMD+<keyname>, as well.

This is true for both built-in laptop (MBP) keyboard, and an external (USB) full-size keyboard.

As I mentioned, no code has been changed in the software project and this works fine on 0.28.3, but not on 0.59.1, 0.62.1, or the latest 0.67.1.

On Windows and Linux the same project uses Ctrl key and there it all works as it should on all versions of nw.js.

Could this be a regression inside nw.js? Chrome browser allows fro CMD+1 through n to be used for switching tabs, so I do not believe this is an OS restriction.

Any thoughts?

Best,

Ico

Ivica Ico Bukvic

Aug 15, 2022, 2:18:34 PM8/15/22
to nw.js
Just submitted a bug report with a small contained and reproducible code snippet:

Jerry Skalsky

Dec 3, 2022, 8:27:03 PM12/3/22
to nw.js
have you thought it couldn't work on chromebooks that run on the chromium OS since they don't have the cmd button!