NW 69 build error

Ayushman Chhabra

Oct 14, 2022, 3:55:01 PM10/14/22
to nw.js
I'm getting a duplicate symbol error:
https://gist.github.com/ayushmxn/a9996f80325512af123015a5e49f8562

After some research, I understand what that means but having trouble implementing a fix since still pretty new to C++.

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.

Any assistance/advice would be great!

Ayushman Chhabra

Oct 16, 2022, 7:32:26 PM10/16/22
to nw.js
Figured it out. The headless/BUILD.gn config had a few errors. Here's the patch if anyone ran into the same error as me. I'll open a PR for it soon.

https://gist.github.com/ayushmxn/a9996f80325512af123015a5e49f8562#file-nw69_patch-patch

Ayushman Chhabra

Oct 16, 2022, 8:18:28 PM10/16/22
to nw.js
Error building Node:
https://gist.github.com/ayushmxn/a9996f80325512af123015a5e49f8562#file-nw69_node_build_error

Looking into this. If someone has already figured this part out, please let me know!

Ayushman Chhabra

Oct 17, 2022, 11:59:39 PM10/17/22
to nw.js
Figured out the issue: NW's Chromium's Clang (/third_party/llvm-build/lib/clang/16.0.0/include directory) is missing some header files. Not sure how to proceed from here though.

Ayushman Chhabra

Oct 18, 2022, 2:50:59 AM10/18/22
to nw.js
Made some progress, I was able to build Node but it failed at the end (the SOLINK stage).

It looks like there is a libc++.a file which has not been built - not sure if this is during the nw build or node build phase.

Looking for advice/assistance!

Screenshot_20221018_024820.png