'College Student' Extras Needed for Library Shoot on 3/11 (+ Voice Actor)

Noah B

Feb 11, 2022, 5:41:18 PM2/11/22
to Northwest Film Forum Callboard
CASTING BACKGROUND (EXTRAS) + Voice Supporting Role for Narrative Short - PAID (but not much)

Hey everyone. Seattle-based filmmaker working on my MFA project (which is being sponsored by NWFF!). We've got a scene coming up shooting in Seattle Central Library downtown and need "College Student" background performers.

3 will be Featured Extras who have a line, the rest simply background.

I'm also looking for 1 supporting character "Voice" who would have a fair amount of lines -- the character of a PROFESSOR giving the scene's lecture.

I know there are probably more behind-the-camera than in-front-of-the-camera folks here but I wanted to reach out to NWFF people first and see if anyone's interested in helping out!

DATE -- March 11th
CALL TIME -- Between 8:00am - 9:00am, depending on role
WRAP TIME -- Between 10:30am - 12:30pm, depending on role
LOCATION -- Seattle Central Library, 1000 4th Ave.

COLLEGE STUDENTS (Background)
WHO WE NEED -- 18-25 year olds. Any ethnicity and identification. You may be asked to provide some of your own wardrobe and/or be provided some specific wardrobe or prop items by us. You may be asked to style your hair a certain way to better fit the story world.

SUBMIT -- Best contact info, at least 1 picture of yourself (professional headshots welcome but not required) and a few words about your interest in joining the project or in filmmaking in general. To be considered for one of the featured roles with a speaking line, include some kind of video clip / performance demo that includes you speaking. Does NOT have to be professional.

PAY -- $20 for the day (approximately 4 hours or less). Copy/Credit when the film is finished. Free invite to a future Wrap Party / Post-Production Fundraiser to be held at NWFF this spring or summer. Invite to any local screenings.

PROFESSOR (Supporting, Voice-Only)
WHO WE NEED -- 35-60, male with a good speaking voice -- calm, authoritative, convincing. The voicing must pass for "White" or ethnically ambiguous as the character's hands (which visually pass for white) are seen in another scene already shot. It's several pages of lines but they DO NOT need to be memorized as you'll never be on-camera.

SUBMIT -- Best contact info and a voice demo!

PAY -- $100 for the day (approximately 4 hours) and ALSO for a couple hours on another convenient day to record a few short lines from the scene already shot. Fee could be slightly negotiable depending on experience. Plus copy/credit, screening invites, etc.

COVID SAFETY -- Anyone working on this film project MUST be able to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19, preferably with a booster if eligible. You will also be asked - both by the production and the Library - to wear a mask when not actually in front of the camera.

THE PROJECT and FILMMAKER -- Goshen | Noah Weisel