HMU Needed for Library Shoot on 3/11

Noah B

Feb 14, 2022, 4:00:14 PM2/14/22
to Northwest Film Forum Callboard
NEED HAIR & MAKEUP ARTIST for 1-Day Student Shoot - PAID

Hey everyone. Seattle-based filmmaker working on my MFA project. We've got a scene coming up shooting in Seattle Central Library downtown and need a creative-minded and seriously guerilla Hair & Makeup Artist!

DATE -- March 11th
CALL TIME -- 7:45am
WRAP TIME -- 12:30pm
LOCATION -- Seattle Central Library, 1000 4th Ave.
PAY -- $150 flat (no separate kit fee)
CONTACT -- nwe...@mail.sfsu.edu

You'd be in charge of hair and makeup primarily for our Lead Actress, working with me to design a look which she can start to prep herself before coming to set and maintaining that look throughout the morning. Secondarily, you'll offer ideas for hair styles and makeup accents for some of our extras which they can mostly achieve themselves, then handle limited adjustments/touch-ups as needed during the shoot.

THE COOL PART:
This is a near-future setting and we're shooting in a very modernist-futuristic location -- for this scene we want to lean into that. Also, our main character projects a certain attitude. There's an opportunity to have a little fun with this!

THE TRICKY PART:
We need to move quickly and keep a very small footprint in the location -- you won't be able to set up a full-scale station, will have to keep things bare bones and portable. We won't be able to get into the location much before we have to start shooting, so you may be starting work on the Lead in a car or something. Like I said, this is guerilla. Good prep will go a long way.

THE WARNING:
I run a jerk-free set! As much as I want someone who's good at their job it's even MORE important to me that we can work together. Though we'll be a little under the gun I like things to stay calm and as stress-free as possible, and keep the drama in front of the camera.

SUBMIT:
A resume or list of projects/clients and several samples (either photo or video). I'd like to see examples of both your hair and makeup work. Experience doing makeup for film/video is strongly preferred but not required. A phone/Zoom call with me will be needed to confirm our finalist.

THE RATE:
Obviously it's not great, this is a student film! But this is an opportunity for someone looking to build their reel in this area OR for someone more veteran to just come out and play. Extra perks include invites/passes to any events and screenings we have in the area (at minimum there will be something at NWFF) and of course a copy of the finished film.

COVID SAFETY:
Anyone working on this film project MUST be able to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19, preferably with a booster if eligible. You will also be asked - both by the production and the Library - to wear a mask when not actually in front of the camera.

THE PROJECT and FILMMAKER -- Goshen | Noah Weisel