ASST PRODUCER NEEDED FOR NEW MOON MOVIE NIGHT PODCAST

Neve Mazique

May 3, 2022, 7:22:16 PM5/3/22
to Northwest Film Forum Callboard
NEVE and Saira B here, seeking an assistant producer for our podcast,
"New Moon Movie Night"! While this is primarily an audio project, we also film video of our conversations to use as teasers on our youtube channel (tinyurl.com/mouthwaterstation).

About the podcast: A movie and moon review show hosted by a pair of nerdy disabled artists- Neve and Saira. Moon discussion starts each episode followed by a spoiler-filled discussion of each film.
Episodes can be found here: https://anchor.fm/mouth

About the position: So far we are a two-person volunteer team pursuing our passion project- creating a radical and fun as hell queer, witchy, pop culture/movie analysis podcast. We record and film 1-2 times a month (depending on the number of new moons), and these sessions typically take 4-6 hours. Saira B and NEVE are the hosts/stars, producers, and editors of this podcast, and we need an experienced (self-taught very much okay/encouraged) assistant producer who would be available for the entire length of the recording session to

-set up and break down our set
-set up and break down microphones and lights
-time us when we do our 60-sec movie summary
-monitor the output of our mics and video to make sure everything is being recorded well
-assist with minor aspects of access support, such as lifting, fetching, positioning, and snack prep

Requirements: qualified candidates will be vaccinated against Covid-19, and willing to communicate actively between recording sessions about potential exposures/risks, as this is an in-person position in which you will be working with us indoors, and we are not masked during these recording sessions. You, however, are welcome to be masked!

Compensation: Currently, we do not make money directly from the podcast, however, we have allocated the funds necessary to pay our assistant producer $50 per recording session.

The apartment where we record is in the Columbia Hillman area of South Seattle and is wheelchair accessible. NEVE is conversational in American Sign Language, and Disabled/Deaf applicants are very much encouraged to apply. We usually record on Saturdays, starting in the afternoon or early evening.

To apply, please reply to this posting or email mouthwa...@gmail.com.

We look forward to reading your responses!

Best and Betta,
NEVE and Saira B