Images missing after update

Darran Hale

Nov 16, 2014, 4:36:35 AM11/16/14
to nw...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

After updating my site (test/dev version) from 7.18 to 7.33 all of my images are ‘missing’.

I updated the modules also. During the running of the database updates it returned an error due to a dependency on the Entity module which was missing. I installed the Entity module and re ran database updates without an error.

Now all of my images are missing.  They are all there on the server however.

I am guessing it is something to do with the database updates etc. but not sure.

Can anyone tell me what is the likely cause and the best way to fix it? Thanks.

Best Wishes,

Darran

Philip Norton

Nov 16, 2014, 6:18:45 AM11/16/14
to nw...@googlegroups.com, Darran Hale
Missing images can be caused by a number of things. The most common things are incorrect file directory permissions or a change in the file variable (the one that normally points to sites/default/files).

But my first stop would be the error log. You’ll probably find some form of error or warning there that should point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Phil Norton

--

---