Extracting info from optimization files

Dan K

May 30, 2021, 4:30:43 PM5/30/21
to NWChem Forum
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a quick way to extract the z-matrix information from the end geometry in an optimization. I'd like to use the optimized geometry for other calculations, but with some minor changes, so I can't just add tasks to the end of the input file.

I tried copying the .zmat file, but it's gibberish when I open it. Is what I'm trying to do possible in NWChem?

Thanks!

Eric Bylaska

May 31, 2021, 12:12:05 AM5/31/21
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
You can always run the task

task rtdbprint

To get a print out of the current state of the run time database.  Pretty much everything NWChem knows is contained in this database.

Dan K

Jun 1, 2021, 12:53:36 AM6/1/21
to NWChem Forum
Oh awesome thanks, that sounds like exactly what I needed!