Geometry LOAD not reading xyz coordinates correctly

SAcompuser

Feb 16, 2021, 10:25:46 AM2/16/21
to NWChem Forum
So basically I have an .xyz file that is the output of a QMD run and contains several frames from the run. I have noticed that if I load any frame other than the 1st frame into geometry, the cartesian coordinates of the atoms that are given in the NWChem output file are different than the coordinates in the xyz file itself. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be the case?

The geometry command I use is given below:

geometry
load format xyz frame 2 watdim.xyz
end

Regards
SAcompuser

Edoardo Aprà

Feb 16, 2021, 12:12:17 PM2/16/21
to NWChem Forum
Could you upload the watdim.xyz file?

SAcompuser

Feb 16, 2021, 3:40:51 PM2/16/21
to NWChem Forum
Sure, have attached below
watdim.xyz

Edoardo Aprà

Feb 16, 2021, 3:49:39 PM2/16/21
to NWChem Forum
If you want the input geometry to remain as it is,  you need to supply the keywords "noautosym nocenter"

geometry noautosym nocenter
  load watdim.xyz frame 2
end

https://nwchemgit.github.io/Keywords-on-the-GEOMETRY-directive.html