Using Hessian data from another software.

Makayla Hayes

May 19, 2024, 11:07:45 AMMay 19
to NWChem Forum
Afternoon,  I am a new user of NWChem and I have a bunch of optimized geometries and hessian matrix previously computed with another software. I want to be able to use the hessian data when running Raman calculations to save computational time so the program does not have to recalculate it.

My question is, is there a way to write this data into an input file? All I can find is to put reuse under a $vib field. This does not seem to work even when putting a path to my hessian matrix after it. I'm curious what type of file and format of the hessian matrix that my file would need to be in, in order for this to work?

Thanks for the help!