Help with LAN

Balogh Szabolcs

Jun 12, 2024, 11:14:06 AMJun 12
to NWChem Forum
Dear Community,

After getting familiar with the software in the last year we decided to get a dedicated hardware. Up to now we were running jobs on single machines.
We are looking for a 4-node system where the nodes are individual machines.
The main question is if the interconnect between nodes can be a bottleneck?
For example if i am requesting a job on 20 cores on two nodes, 10 cores on each node.
This could be important because it would allow to utilize the RAM of the two nodes for one job. Or running one job on all nodes.
How much is the LAN speed important?
1Gb, 10Gb or maybe 40Gb mellanox?

Thank you very much in advance if you could help me with this basic question XD

Balogh Szabolcs

Jun 14, 2024, 12:48:22 PMJun 14
to NWChem Forum
Anyone please could help me with this, i would like to place the order on the machine :)
So does multinode jobs require 10+Gb LAN or not?
Thank you