hnd_opt: no geometry

kamal sobhy

Oct 1, 2020, 10:17:45 AM10/1/20
to NWChem Forum
I am trying to optimize the structure of Iron (III) adsorbed on graphitic carbon nitride quantum dot but I keep getting this error
hnd_opt: no geometry
fe (4).txt
triazinefe.txt

Edoardo Aprà

Oct 1, 2020, 12:35:24 PM10/1/20
to NWChem Forum
Line 148 of the input file
set geometry all
However, no geometry input field has the label all
You need to change line 9 to
geometry all print xyz
(units angstroms and autosym are already there by default)

kamal sobhy

Oct 5, 2020, 3:37:36 PM10/5/20
to NWChem Forum
Thank you so much I have modified it but another issue has appeared. the job seems to takes so long and hangs in the third gradient computation without any error message. it has taken about 24 hours and finally froze at the third computation for more than an hour. Any help with this issue?
fe (5).txt
triazinefe.txt

Edoardo Aprà

Oct 6, 2020, 2:16:48 PM10/6/20
to NWChem Forum
Have you had a good look at the last SCF iterations of the output file?

kamal sobhy

Oct 6, 2020, 3:40:22 PM10/6/20
to NWChem Forum
I beg your pardon but I'm a beginner with Nwchem and did not reach any conclusion after looking at the last iteration

Edoardo Aprà

Oct 7, 2020, 2:28:38 PM10/7/20
to NWChem Forum
If you need assistance as a beginner user of software for quantum chemistry simulation, I think it would be more useful to try the following websites