non-scf calculation

Pradeep Bhetwal

Mar 1, 2022, 1:54:58 PM3/1/22
to NWChem Forum
Hi,
Is it possible to do a non-self consistent calculation in NWCHEM? I want to do dft a calculation (non-scf) using wave function from another calculation (scf). Thank you!

Pradeep

Edoardo Aprà

Mar 1, 2022, 1:56:51 PM3/1/22
to NWChem Forum

Pradeep Bhetwal

Mar 7, 2022, 11:46:00 PM3/7/22
to NWChem Forum
Thank you so much Edoardo. One more question , can we do DFT@CCSD calculation?

Edoardo Aprà

Mar 7, 2022, 11:46:41 PM3/7/22
to NWChem Forum

Pradeep Bhetwal

Mar 8, 2022, 12:52:16 PM3/8/22
to NWChem Forum
Thank you your reply.
I meant to ask if we can do a non-scf dft at the ccsd wavefunction?

Thanks!
Pradeep

Tanvir ur Rahman Chowdhury

Mar 9, 2022, 3:19:13 PM3/9/22
to NWChem Forum
Hello Pradeep,
If you want to do a non-self consistent DFT followed by a CCSD calculation then use the following:

dft
... # your code
noscf
end

tce
dft
ccsd
end

task tce energy

If you want to do it the other way around; that is - CCSD computation followed by a non-self consistent DFT then I am drawing a blank. Maybe Edoardo can help with that.

Thanks.

Edoardo Aprà

Mar 9, 2022, 3:26:12 PM3/9/22
to NWChem Forum
I have  recently (yesterday) committed some new source code to the NWChem repository that allow to start the DFT module from a CCSD density.
The input syntax is the following
tce

  ccsd

  densmat

end
task
tce energy

dft

 xc pbe0
 densmat
 noscf

end

task dft

Pradeep Bhetwal

Mar 10, 2022, 11:36:11 PM3/10/22
to NWChem Forum
Hi Edoardo thank you for the new source code . I have problem installing it however older version was successfully installed. I used the bash installer as below:
#!/bin/bash
export NWCHEM_MODULES="all"

export USE_MPI="y"
export USE_MPIF="y"
export USE_MPIF4="y"

export USE_NOIO=TRUE
export LIB_DEFINES=-DDFLT_TOT_MEM=16777216

export FC="gfortran"
export CC="gcc"
export CXX="g++"

export BLASOPT="-lopenblas -lrt"
export LAPACK_LIB=$BLASOPT
export BLAS_SIZE=4

unset USE_INTERNALBLAS
unset BLASLIB

cd $NWCHEM_TOP/src
make realclean -i
make nwchem_config
make >& make.log

Can you help me or suggest me how shall I proceed?

Thank you

Edoardo Aprà

Mar 10, 2022, 11:42:00 PM3/10/22
to NWChem Forum
Do you have docker installed on the computers you are using? An option would be to use the NWChem docker images