Highly Constrained Waters

SAcompuser

Dec 4, 2020, 8:41:11 AM12/4/20
to NWChem Forum
Hi all!

So I'm working on some water dimer simulations and I've been using Gaussian Basis AIM using either SCF or DFT and I've started to notice that waters are still highly constrained than I would have thought. I've tested the waters starting at several distances apart and even at 10 Angstrom away from each other the waters do not move either closer or further apart even though they shouldn't be affecting each other at that distance. What could I be doing that is wrong?

I have attached my input script below. Should also note that I have a topology and restart file that I made using prepare.
template-run-init.txt