RT-TDFFT with a circularly polarized field

Carles

Mar 18, 2021, 2:41:59 PM3/18/21
to NWChem Forum
Dear all,

I need to perform rt-tddft simulations exciting the system with a circularly polarized field. Is it possible to set the phase of a field (CEP) in the field-block of rt_tddft?

Thanks a lot!

Carles

Niri Govind

Mar 19, 2021, 10:32:22 AM3/19/21
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
Dear Carles,

The code will have to be extended to cover this. In addition, there are other extensions that will need to be implemented like giao support within the rt-tddft code.

Best regards,
Niri

Niri Govind
PNNL

Carles

Mar 19, 2021, 11:10:13 AM3/19/21
to NWChem Forum
Dear Niri,
Thanks a lot for your support. I also find that I would need a kind of "tstep" in the visualization block, because I can only make the cube files during propagation at each time step, and for a small time step and a large propagation this is not convenient. Or I am missing some way to do it?
Best regards,
Carles
visualization
  tstart         0.0         # start visualization at this time
  tend           0.06       # stop visualization at this time
  treference 0.0         # subtract density matrix at this time (useful for difference densities)
  dplot                         # post-process density matrices into cube files after propagation
end
El dia divendres, 19 de març de 2021 a les 15:32:22 UTC+1, niri....@gmail.com va escriure: