do_gasphase false

Gabriel Jara

Nov 25, 2020, 1:00:27 PM11/25/20
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

In order to speed up the calculations, is it a good idea to perform a geometry optimization with "do_gasphase false" restarting from a single point using "do_gasphase true"? Which cares must be taken?

Thank you in advance.

Gabriel

--
Dr. Gabriel E. Jara
LNBio/CNPEM

Govind, Niri

Nov 30, 2020, 1:08:08 PM11/30/20
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gabriel,

If you have this option turned off, you will save the gas phase step. You can use this for geometry optimization in a solvent.

However, if you are interested in the solvation energy of the final optimized structure, then you will need the gas phase step.

Hope this helps.

Best,

-Niri

Niri Govind

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Richland, WA 99352

Nov 30, 2020, 5:46:30 PM11/30/20
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Niri,

Thank you for your reply. I am interested in obtaining optimize structures and using the inner energy for Boltzmann-population-weight. IN that case, I can perform a single point using gas-phase followed by an optimization without gas-phase, and last single-point using gas-phase just to obtain a energy including solvation? am i right?

Thank

Gabriel

--
Dr. Gabriel E. Jara