sigsegv errors

mattasplund

Sep 16, 2020, 4:20:09 PM9/16/20
to NWChem Forum
I am trying to get nwchem 7.0 running on our supercomputer cluster, but having real problems. I have compiled 7.0 with gcc 9, openmpi4.0.2 and openblas  and 6.8 with gcc 8, openmpi 3.1 and openblas. Both run just fine with <4 processors, but with more than that they crash with a  sigsegv error, but not immediately, often getting through a number of iterations before the crash.  The backtrace puts the error in ga-5.7.1/comex/src-mpi/comex.c

I have worked with our supercomputer folk, but cannot see where the problem is. Any suggestions about how to attack this?

Matthew Asplund
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT

(801) 422-5275

Edoardo Aprà

Sep 16, 2020, 4:24:43 PM9/16/20
to NWChem Forum
My recommendation is to recompile the tools with ARMCI_NETWORK=MPI-PR
The default ARMCI_NETWORK=MPI-TS should only be used when there is a moderate degree of parallelization.
See also

mattasplund

Sep 16, 2020, 7:41:39 PM9/16/20
to NWChem Forum