Optimization of metal organic framework

Ahmed Zenhom

Nov 1, 2020, 9:52:56 AM11/1/20
to NWChem Forum
Hi Nwchem community
I'm trying to optimize the structure of H-KUST MOF using DFT but the calculation is taking so long (more than 24 hours). In addition, It stops at some point through the gradient calculations and I cannot understand why. any help with my problem and why does it stop suddenly?
attached the input and output files
mof (1).txt
mof.txt

Edoardo Aprà

Nov 1, 2020, 12:12:36 PM11/1/20
to NWChem Forum
The output file shows no indication of what went wrong.
You might want to use the restart option to finish the geometry optimization

echo

restart molecule
memory total 6 gb

task dft optimize
eof

Ahmed Zenhom

Nov 3, 2020, 10:01:45 AM11/3/20
to NWChem Forum
Hi thank You I tried your suggestion. However, the calculation us taking to much time and doing many cycles although it converges every time. Is there is any solution for this issue?