Tutorials of NWChem for Beginers ?

German Miño-Galaz

Oct 21, 2021, 7:04:30 PM10/21/21
to NWChem Forum
Dear All.

I want to lear more about usage of NWChem.
I have been looking along the web for detailed tutorials, but without good results.
Could you recommend/share material?

Gratefully in advance.
Germán Miño-Galaz.

Edoardo Aprà

Oct 21, 2021, 7:04:55 PM10/21/21
to NWChem Forum

jeff.science

Oct 28, 2021, 7:40:57 AM10/28/21
to NWChem Forum
Many years ago I started writing https://github.com/NWChem/NWChem101. I never finished it, but it still contains some useful stuff.  The content on geometries and basis sets is probably useful.  If you have a specific question that might be answerable in that tutorial, file a GitHub issue there and I'll try to write something.

You can also use https://github.com/NWChem/input-generator, which I created because I am too lazy to write NWChem input files by hand.  If you are the type of person who learns by example, those might help you.  They contain the settings I use in my work, which are designed to be some approximation of optimal from a computational perspective.

I only know about atomic orbital basis set methods in a vacuum.

Jeff