rt-tddft combined with qmd?

Carles

Dec 30, 2021, 6:53:43 AM12/30/21
to NWChem Forum
Dear colleagues,

I would like to implement rt-tddft combined with qmd, to see the evolution of a system under the interaction of an electric field.

The idea is starting from the ground state, perform a very small time step in rt-tddft, and from the resulting new electronic configuration, perform a small step with qmd too, to get a new optimized geometry, which would be used as starting point for the next small step in rt-tddft, and so on.

I see qmd can read from a particular excited state obtained by tddft, and calculate the evolution from there, but I don´t see how qmd could read from the final state calculated with rt-tddft.

Do you know a way to do that?

Thanks a lot. I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year 2022.

Best regards,

Carles

niri....@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2022, 9:56:32 AM1/5/22
to NWChem Forum
Dear Carles,

Happy New Year to you too.

Thanks for your question. This is not straightforward with our current implementation as we have not implemented the gradients within the RT-TDDFT module. I will need to look into your workaround and get back to you.

Best,
-Niri

Niri Govind