error while running basic sample file of H2o

Ekant V. vats

Aug 2, 2020, 10:33:54 AM8/2/20
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
I am very beginner to Nwchem, trying to run this on the supercomputer.
I have run the sample files of h2o and n2 so many times, which give the following error-
               current input line :
               9: task scf optimize
This error has not been assigned to a category

Any help will be appreciated.

Edoardo Aprà

Aug 3, 2020, 1:11:35 PM8/3/20
to NWChem Forum
Please post complete input and output files

Ekant V. vats

Aug 4, 2020, 2:41:04 AM8/4/20
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response.
Attached are the input and output files.

n2.out
n2.nw

Edoardo Aprà

Aug 4, 2020, 12:26:52 PM8/4/20
to NWChem Forum
The input file is fine.
There are installation problems, instead.
Did you install NWChem yourself? What envirornment variables did you set?
Cheers, Edo

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 7:33:54 AM UTC-7, ekant wrote:
Hello All,
I am very beginner to Nwchem, trying to run this on the supercomputer.
I have run the sample files of h2o and n2 so many times, which give the following error-
               current input line :
               9: task scf optimize

Ekant V. vats

Aug 4, 2020, 12:46:06 PM8/4/20
to nwchem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.
The nwchem is installed on supercomputer, I haven't. I have just followed the commands.
Anyway, thank you very much.