Meet MA fatal error: MA_sizeof: invalid datatype: 4333622002674 when using AMD processor and Intel MPI to run NWChem

Tong Xiro

Apr 25, 2022, 3:33:11 PM4/25/22
to NWChem Forum
I am using AMD processor and Intel MPI on a cluster to run the program

I set the environment as below:

module load mkl
module load intel/2021.3.0
module load intelmpi/2021.3.0-intel2021.3.0

# top directory of the NWChem source tree
export NWCHEM_TOP=/ocean/projects/cis210088p/sst/NWChem/cpu_impi_ARMCI-MPI/nwchem

# your target platform
export NWCHEM_TARGET=LINUX64

#! Change for test
export ARMCI_NETWORK=ARMCI-MPI
# export ARMCI_NETWORK=MPI-PR
# export ARMCI_NETWORK=MPI-TS

# General configurations
export USE_MPI=y
export USE_OPENMP=1
export NWCHEM_MODULES=qm
export BLASOPT="-mkl"
export BLAS_SIZE=8
export LAPACK_LIB="-mkl"
export USE_SCALAPACK=y

#! Remember to change
export SCALAPACK="-mkl -lmkl_scalapack_ilp64 -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_ilp64"
# export SCALAPACK="-mkl -lmkl_scalapack_ilp64 -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_ilp64"
export SCALAPACK_SIZE=8

export FC=ifort

The installation process runs successfully but when I run it with
mpirun -np 16 $NWCHEM_TOP/bin/LINUX64/nwchem $NWCHEM_TOP/web/benchmarks/dft/siosi3.nw
The program got an error
MA fatal error: MA_sizeof: invalid datatype: 4333622002674
MA fatal error: MA_sizeof: invalid datatype: 4333622002674
MA fatal error: MA_sizeof: invalid datatype: 4333622002674

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   RANK 0 PID 71682 RUNNING AT r207
=   KILLED BY SIGNAL: 9 (Killed)

Does anyone have idea about this error?

Edoardo Aprà

Apr 25, 2022, 3:34:37 PM4/25/22
to NWChem Forum
Could you post the output of the command
make V=1 link

Tong Xiro

Apr 26, 2022, 3:29:20 AM4/26/22
to NWChem Forum
Sorry is my first time use Google Group, I should use reply all.

Here is the output

make_nwchem.log

Edoardo Aprà

Apr 26, 2022, 12:53:44 PM4/26/22
to NWChem Forum
By any chance, did you stop the compilation a few times, changed some settings and then re-started the compilation again?

Tong Xiro

Apr 27, 2022, 1:13:18 AM4/27/22
to NWChem Forum
Maybe that is the problem, when the program failed, I add some settings from possible solution and directly start the installation process in the same folder, I will delete the whole file and install again to see whether it work.

Tong Xiro

Apr 27, 2022, 2:37:55 AM4/27/22
to NWChem Forum
Hi, I delete it and install again, then it works, thanks for figure out my bad habit.