dft spin-spin coupling and solvation

Miro

Sep 5, 2021, 5:48:14 AM9/5/21
to NWChem Forum
Hello,

when trying to compute dft (as odft) spin-spin coupling with cosmo solvation model, I get  (NW 7.0.1) "uhf_energy not compatible with COSMO ".

Is it possible to have solvation corrected dft spin-spin coupling ?

"The NWChem COSMO module implements algorithm for calculation of the energy for the following methods:
  1. Restricted Hartree-Fock (RHF),
  2. Restricted open-shell Hartree-Fock (ROHF),
  3. Restricted Kohn-Sham DFT (DFT),
  4. Unrestricted Kohn-Sham DFT (ODFT),"
Miro

Edoardo Aprà

Sep 6, 2021, 10:57:51 AM9/6/21
to NWChem Forum
I think this topic has already been discussed in the following thread

Miro

Sep 7, 2021, 3:47:27 AM9/7/21
to NWChem Forum
Hi Edo

this topic https://groups.google.com/g/nwchem-forum/c/BMr4t89R0dU/m/iVR-T_y7BAAJ  does not say about spinspin coupling and cosmo in dft.

Only odft method works for spin-spin coupling, but cosmo model does not work with odft.  Do you have a test in NWChem for such combination of functionalities ?

Miro

Sep 7, 2021, 5:55:06 AM9/7/21
to NWChem Forum
Well,

dft
  odft # for spinspin coupling
  direct
  grid fine
  xc b3lyp
  mult 1
  noprint "final vectors analysis"
end
property
  giao
  shielding 1  2
  spinspin  3  2 23 2 30 2 31
end
cosmo
  solvent chcl3
end
task dft property

gives the error message

 uhf_energy not compatible with COSMO                   0
  current input line :
     0:
 A feature requested has not yet been implemented

 For more information see the NWChem manual at
 https://github.com/nwchemgit/nwchem/wiki

Edoardo Aprà

Sep 7, 2021, 12:36:33 PM9/7/21
to NWChem Forum
Could you post the full input and output files?

Miro

Sep 7, 2021, 1:21:59 PM9/7/21
to NWChem Forum
Hi,

input, output files are attached.

Miro
der2.odft_nmr_b3lyp_ccpvdz_cosmo-chcl3.nw
der2.geopt_freq_nmr_pbe0_tz2p_good_cosmo-chcl3_converged_geometry.xyz
der2.odft_nmr_b3lyp_ccpvdz_cosmo-chcl3.4555.out_err

Edoardo Aprà

Sep 7, 2021, 9:31:03 PM9/7/21
to NWChem Forum