Error in TDDFT Calculation: Global Arrays

Anant bhasin

Jul 24, 2023, 8:46:14 PM7/24/23
to NWChem Forum
Hello NWChem users,

I am running a RT-TDDFT simulation on NWChem v7.0.0. where my simulations is ending with an error of "all GAs must have same size:Received an Error in Communication".

The error gets printed out like:
" ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 convert_d2z: all GAs must have same size                   0
  current input line :
    66: task dft rt_tddft
 This error has not yet been assigned to a category
 For more information see the NWChem manual at
 https://github.com/nwchemgit/nwchem/wiki

 For further details see manual section:
 No section for this category
"

I have tried:
1. Changing the number of processors.
2. Changing the memory allocation in terms of total memory and separate for stack heap and global array.

But all t=of them lead to the same error.
Any help or direction to proceed will be appreciated.

Thanks you

Edoardo Aprà

Jul 24, 2023, 8:47:35 PM7/24/23
to NWChem Forum
Could you post the input and output files?

Anant bhasin

Jul 25, 2023, 1:28:24 PM7/25/23
to NWChem Forum

Edoardo Aprà

Jul 25, 2023, 2:42:15 PM7/25/23
to NWChem Forum
I am not able to reproduce this failure with NWChem 7.2.0 .

My suggestion is to install NWChem 7.2.0 .

Another suggestion is to change the beginning of the basis set input section from
basis
basis spherical

This should avoid linear dependencies that might be the cause of your failure.

Anant bhasin

Jul 25, 2023, 2:54:40 PM7/25/23
to NWChem Forum
The job will run for a while depending upon the number of processors you are using. Then it will show this error.

For me it was 50+ mins with 2 processors and 5 min. approx. with 4 processors.

If possible can you share your number of processors and memory allocations?

Edoardo Aprà

Jul 25, 2023, 2:56:39 PM7/25/23
to NWChem Forum
I have been using 2-3 processors with default 1000 mb memory allocation. The jobs goes past your point of failure within 10 minutes.