How can I specify the path of the xyz file in the geometry directive?

Tanvir ur Rahman Chowdhury

Nov 19, 2021, 1:41:11 AM11/19/21
to NWChem Forum
Hello,
Let's say I have an xyz file in directory B whichi is the same directory where I am writing my NWChem code. I can write:

geometry
end

It works.

But, let's say my xyz file is in folder A and the NWChem code is in folder B. If I write:

geometry
load ../B/file_name.xyz                (that is path to the xyz file)
end

I am getting an error.

Question: how can I specify the path of the xyz file in the geometry directive?

Thanks.

Edoardo Aprà

Nov 19, 2021, 2:05:33 PM11/19/21
to NWChem Forum
The only way to specify a directory name is to give its full path, the relative path is not going to work.
E.g.
geometry
load /home/johdoe/mydirs/B/file_name.xyz
end