Installing and running NWChem

Bidhanchandra Garain

May 3, 2022, 9:23:31 AM5/3/22
to NWChem Forum
Hi,
I am new to NWChem. I tried basic installation
sudo apt-get install nwchem and version is 6.6+r27746-4build1.

After installation, I tried running a job but it got terminated with the following error,
Last System Error Message from Task 0:: No such file or directory.

I want to use the namd module which is recently been added to NWChem. Should I download and compile other version of it?

Thank you,
Bidhan

Edoardo Aprà

May 3, 2022, 1:28:26 PM5/3/22
to NWChem Forum
I would not recommend using NWChem 6.6 since it might not have the functionality you need.
You can look a the install instructions for Ubuntu at the versions 7.02 release page

More details on how to install and use NWChem at