Sad news kb7ado

Bill Vodall

Feb 1, 2022, 11:28:58 AM2/1/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com

Bill Erhardt

Feb 1, 2022, 11:57:30 AM2/1/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com

I did not know him Bill. Thanks. RIP Bob.    Bill K7MT

Sent from Mail for Windows

David Dobbins

Feb 1, 2022, 12:10:33 PM2/1/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com
I knew Bob well; one of my first ham radio friends when I moved to Pe Ell in 96. He was a big help getting APRS going in the northwest and the Summer Gatherings. My hat is off to Bob. Condolences to his family. Dave K7GPS.

Thom Proehl

Feb 1, 2022, 12:51:01 PM2/1/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com
I knew Bob very well too. We would often meet for dinner in Kelso when I was commuting to Clackamas from North Bend several times a month. He always had something he was experimenting with and it turned into a monthly show and tell of the latest projects.
I think we first met at the very first Summer Gathering, probably in 1996, then we would meet again at SeaPac for Pizza every year. And of course at the Longview ham clubs yearly swap meet.
I attended several of their club gatherings at their hilltop site at his invitation. Including several “Spring APRS Gatherings”.
Bob pushed on even with his physical difficulties enduring without letting on that it was hard. A lesson for all of us.
The last time I saw Bob, I could tell things weren’t well but he said nothing about it.
Our hobby is made up of people from all walks of life each with their own story. Stop and get to know one-another you will be richer for it.

One last 73 to Bob.

Thom K7FZO

David Dobbins

Feb 1, 2022, 1:22:33 PM2/1/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com
Nicely said Thom. We've lost another good guy.
Dave

Michael Hemel

Feb 1, 2022, 2:48:28 PM2/1/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com
Bob had an influence on APRS users in the Columbia River valley that
many current users are not aware of. He helped many of the digi
operators fit into what was a effective APRS system.

Although I had not communicated with him in a while, it was always great
to see his icon on my local screen, letting me know I had a
knowledgeable resource if I needed help.

73 for you, Bob

Mike KB7WUK
Portland