Latest RFinder app has APRS TX built in

David Dobbins

Apr 11, 2022, 3:57:57 PM4/11/22
to nwa...@googlegroups.com
For those who like having a radio with APRS features built in, the RFinder B1, B1+, P2 and P10 can now transmit an APRS position report to the APRS-IS. Note, this is TX only, not receive, and not over RF. It uses the RFinder device cellular or wifi connection to get the signal into the APRS-IS. Configuration is easy and it's on the RFinder v13 app. They already had their own RFinder Network showing the location of just RFinder radios on a map, so this feature is nice as the location gets over to the APRS-IS.

I will be attending SEAPAC first couple days of June, and hanging out around the RFinder booth with lead developer Joe Humberger N4KYS. We'll have a seminar Saturday afternoon to discuss the RFinder. Please stop in to say hello and take a look at this cool radio featuring DMRoIP.

David K7GPS