Anybody looking for bees?

a.v.br...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2015, 5:32:17 PM10/29/15
to NWA Beekeepers
A guy named Chris located in NE Oklahoma contacted me about a beehive that has inhabited a water meter box in the ground.
I was able to go out and check it out to confirm that they are indeed honeybees (not yellow jackets or some other kind of ground dwelling wasp).
The bees seemed gentle, I was able to walk right up to the box in the ground and squat down to take a closer look.
I would take them, but I am in grad school right now and working full time so I do not have time to get out there and remove the hive from the box.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks!

Raymond Patterson

Oct 30, 2015, 5:53:37 PM10/30/15
to nwa-bee...@googlegroups.com
might be interested where at in OK I have a box of comb and could pull excess honey off of one hive, would like to have picture of the situation if possible

a.v.br...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2015, 8:47:16 AM10/31/15
to NWA Beekeepers
The location is in Kansas, OK on Indian Point Rd or Indian Point Ln. It isn't far across the OK/AR state line - 30 minutes or so. I don't have a picture, but Chris' number is (479) 228-2214. If you call or text him, he can give exact directions and set up a time to meet. He might be able to get out and take pictures for you too. It's a black, plastic water meter box in the ground with a small hole in the top that the bees are using as an entrance.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

Raymond Patterson

Oct 31, 2015, 7:52:54 PM10/31/15
to nwa-bee...@googlegroups.com
I went and picked up these bees. They are a small bunch but they do have a queen I put them in a box and placed in basement of house, I have cracks in the foundation due to mortar falling out of the rocks I placed box so that bees can access outside. Temp stays in the 60 degree range all winter. I gave them two frames of capped honey from donor hive, will see what transpires may be a waste of time but we will see.

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 7:47 AM, "a.v.br...@gmail.com" <a.v.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

The location is in Kansas, OK on Indian Point Rd or Indian Point Ln. It isn't far across the OK/AR state line - 30 minutes or so. I don't have a picture, but Chris' number is (479) 228-2214. If you call or text him, he can give exact directions and set up a time to meet. He might be able to get out and take pictures for you too. It's a black, plastic water meter box in the ground with a small hole in the top that the bees are using as an entrance.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

a.v.br...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2015, 4:41:15 PM11/1/15
to NWA Beekeepers
Glad you were able to go get them - hope they make it!