Book club forum on NW VEG web site

mcin...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2007, 5:13:33 PM11/11/07
to NW Veg Book Club
Check out our new forum:

http://nwveg.org/PunBB

How would you like to use it?

Cheers,
Barrett

casadi...@hotmail.com

Nov 14, 2007, 4:23:35 PM11/14/07
to NW Veg Book Club

I wonder if we need a list and a forum. There would seem to be
overlap. Perhaps we could just go with the forum.

Sara

Nov 14, 2007, 8:48:29 PM11/14/07
to nw-veg-b...@googlegroups.com
I agree that there is overlap, but I'm not sure which would be better.

The list has the benefit of being timely. We don't have to remember to check it, and we get timely notices of when our meetings are and of other items of interest.

The forum has the benefit of being visible to all NW Veg members, so we can keep them informed and maybe tempt them into joining, or at least reading the book on their own.

--Sara

--
Sara

Barrett C. McInnis

Nov 14, 2007, 11:36:46 PM11/14/07
to nw-veg-b...@googlegroups.com
I like the privacy of our group too, but I would like to think of a way to use the forum to include other people.  Maybe we could use it as a forum for past discussions, previous books?  Some way to engage a wider group?
--
"Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life." - His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama

Casadi Marino

Nov 15, 2007, 1:19:19 AM11/15/07
to nw-veg-b...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps we could post finished product to the forum such as summaries of book reviews.  We could also post the next meeting dates and the book of focus to the forum.

Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:36:46 -0800
From: mcin...@gmail.com
To: nw-veg-b...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Book club forum on NW VEG web site