Next Book Club Meeting October 21st 7-9 PM

Stephanie Lucas

Sep 15, 2011, 2:34:50 AM9/15/11
to nw-veg-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi Y’all,

We had a few suggestions for books to read.  The most popular choice was Wayne Pacelle’s latest book, The Bond.  Wayne is the President and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States.  Since he will be one of the main presenters speaking at 2 PM on Saturday at the Portland VegFest this weekend at the coliseum, he will on hand to sign and sell this book.  You might also be able to find the book in the local library.  Since Wayne and the HSUS take an animal welfare approach when advocating for animals, we may want to next time read Gary Francione’s book, Animals As Persons, which advocates the abolition of all animal exploitation.

No consensus was reached for a recipe book, but it was suggested that people choose a favorite recipe from their favorite recipe book and share it (hopefully by providing a cooked example :) at the meeting.  We will meet again at Kailash Eco Village on Friday October 21st 7 to 9 PM.  The Eco Village is at 4311 SE 37th Ave--nearest cross-street is Gladstone west of 39th.

Please RSVP if you intend to come.
Stephanie and Keith