Is anybody out there?

Pearl Westwood

Jun 6, 2011, 5:01:44 AM6/6/11
to NW blogger meet up
So a few of us are wondering if anyone is actually organizing this
thing? If not Mrs Bossa and I will be taking over the arrangements as
we have booked the day off work especially for this. All we know so
far is that it is planned for 11th no time and no venue. Anyone care
to shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Pearl

Helen Sheridan

Jun 6, 2011, 5:26:47 AM6/6/11
to nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm SO sorry it has been badly organised, I admit that on my own behalf :(
We are in the process of organising this, life and other stuff has got
in the way for me at the moment though! I have also booked the day off
work for it so still want it to go ahead. I have spoke to a place but
they can't book us in for Saturday afternoons but at the end of last
week Jacky (north west is best) was getting in touch with Nexus to see
if we could arrange a meet up space. I haven't had much chance to
check my emails lately except in work so hence my tardy replies. Sorry
for all the excuses! Hopefully Jacky will hear back from Nexus this
week. If not does anyone have any other ideas? I don't know Manchester
very well myself to be honest as I'm a Liverpool girl and the meet up
kind of became bigger than I first imagined when I first started
tweeting about it months ago! I hope everyone can still make it. I'm
really looking forward to it, I just wish I had more time to dedicate
to it at the moment.

Helen (@afeitar)

char cluderay

Jun 6, 2011, 6:11:03 AM6/6/11
to nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Really all we need is a time and a venue to meet, there's clearly no itinerary planned for the day, so why not just say 10am by the fountains in Piccadilly Gardens and we see who wants to do what from there?! I don't understand why we need a booked venue, but please do say if i'm missing something vital?

Charlotte

> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:26:47 +0100
> Subject: Re: Is anybody out there?
> From: helen.s...@gmail.com
> To: nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com

Pearl Westwood

Jun 6, 2011, 7:23:27 AM6/6/11
to NW blogger meet up
Ok I do think we need to have a set time and location to meet, I would
rather meet in a coffee shop so we can get a drink and sit around and
have a chat - thats the point of meeting up right! Do you have an idea
of numbers as we wouldnt have to book we could just turn up. Walrus in
the Norther quarter is huge and are good for bookings have you tried
there?

Pearl Westwood

Jun 6, 2011, 7:26:13 AM6/6/11
to NW blogger meet up
PS Here is Walrus' link http://www.manchesterbars.com/walrus.htm

char cluderay

Jun 6, 2011, 7:31:38 AM6/6/11
to nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com
i like the look of that, now all we need is a time...!

Charlotte

> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:26:13 -0700

> Subject: Re: Is anybody out there?

Pearl Westwood

Jun 6, 2011, 7:33:06 AM6/6/11
to NW blogger meet up
It opens on Sat at 11am, I know some people are coming from quite far
away so how about we say 11:30am-12 at Walrus? It is massive so there
shouldnt be any need to book.

On Jun 6, 11:11 am, char cluderay <guraq...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Really all we need is a time and a venue to meet, there's clearly no itinerary planned for the day, so why not just say 10am by the fountains in Piccadilly Gardens and we see who wants to do what from there?! I don't understand why we need a booked venue, but please do say if i'm missing something vital?
>
> Charlotte
>

> > Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:26:47 +0100
> > Subject: Re: Is anybody out there?
> > From: helen.sheri...@gmail.com

char cluderay

Jun 6, 2011, 7:35:29 AM6/6/11
to nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com
works for me, i'm picking someone up from liverpool on my way from shropshire, so hopefully see you there at 11.30-12ish :)

Charlotte

> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:33:06 -0700

> Subject: Re: Is anybody out there?

Helen Sheridan

Jun 6, 2011, 8:23:45 AM6/6/11
to nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've spoke to Jacky and she said that Nexus will reserve an area for
us from 2-4. I thought this was best because some people might be
coming from further afield to give them time to get there. If anyone
wants to though we could still meet up beforehand in the morning for a
drink, go for a spot of spotting and then meet up again in the
afternoon?

I'd really like to go for a browse round some of Manchester's vintage
shops but don't really know the best ones, so perhaps some Manchester
bloggers can be our guides?!

The google group has 36 members but I'm not sure if everyone can come.
I'd estimate 15-20?

If we manage to pull this off (apologies for the shoddy organising on
behalf...blogging in general hasn't been a priority lately) we could
perhaps all group together to arrange another one but in Liverpool?
Then I can happily guide you all around Liverpool's best places!

I have also started a NW blogger meet up blog which might be easier
for some people to follow than this google group - I imagine some
people might be just ignoring this as spam? The google groups are good
in some aspects but not in others... I'll work on this tonight and
circulate the URL to the group.

Helen x

Jacky

Jun 7, 2011, 4:39:31 AM6/7/11
to NW blogger meet up
Hello all! Unfortunately I won't be able to show my face on Saturday
due to family commitments. I hate to miss out on a shindig so I'm
gutted!

Hope you all have a fun time. For vintage shops, there's quite a few
around Oldham Street, including Blue Rinse, Wonderland, American
Graffiti and Ryan Vintage. There's also smaller vintage shops inside
Affleck's. My personal favourites for vintage are Pop Boutique and
Oxfam Originals, because they're clean and have a good selection (not
just polyester dresses from the 80s). I volunteer in Oxfam Originals
too, and you can admire the bunting I made in the current window
display.

If people are interested, I want to organise a mini-conference for
fashion bloggers later this summer. I think it would be a nice
opportunity to meet other bloggers based Oop North, plus have some
crafty workshops and talks. It will take a fair amount of organising,
so would anybody be interested?

Ta chicks.

Jacky xx

On Jun 6, 1:23 pm, Helen Sheridan <helen.sheri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've spoke to Jacky and she said that Nexus will reserve an area for
> us from 2-4. I thought this was best because some people might be
> coming from further afield to give them time to get there. If anyone
> wants to though we could still meet up beforehand in the morning for a
> drink, go for a spot of spotting and then meet up again in the
> afternoon?
>
> I'd really like to go for a browse round some of Manchester's vintage
> shops but don't really know the best ones, so perhaps some Manchester
> bloggers can be our guides?!
>
> The google group has 36 members but I'm not sure if everyone can come.
> I'd estimate 15-20?
>
> If we manage to pull this off (apologies for the shoddy organising on
> behalf...blogging in general hasn't been a priority lately) we could
> perhaps all group together to arrange another one but in Liverpool?
> Then I can happily guide you all around Liverpool's best places!
>
> I have also started a NW blogger meet up blog which might be easier
> for some people to follow than this google group - I imagine some
> people might be just ignoring this as spam? The google groups are good
> in some aspects but not in others... I'll work on this tonight and
> circulate the URL to the group.
>
> Helen x
>
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM, char cluderay <guraq...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > works for me, i'm picking someone up from liverpool on my way from
> > shropshire, so hopefully see you there at 11.30-12ish :)
>
> > Charlotte
>
> >> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:33:06 -0700
>
> >> Subject: Re: Is anybody out there?
> >> From: fashionpearlsofwis...@googlemail.com

Pearl Westwood

Jun 7, 2011, 6:11:23 AM6/7/11
to nw-blogge...@googlegroups.com
Just checking we aren't going to be met with a booking fee on arrival at Nexus are we?

Jacky

Jun 7, 2011, 8:27:28 AM6/7/11
to NW blogger meet up
Good question - the answer is no! Nexus is a not-for-profit art cafe
staffed by volunteers. I thought it would be suitable for a meet-up
because there's enough space and it's not too pricey.

It's a relaxed place, so I'll pop in on Friday to speak to them in
person and make sure the space will be reserved.