NVDA, Yam6Ten and Kanji

Olga Koeva

Apr 14, 2024, 7:16:29 AMApr 14
to nvda-japa...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!
I have FINALLY learned how to use Yam6Ten with NVDA and my Braille display thanks to Kojirosan's useful tips! So now, I'm able to write everything only in Hiragana and, for example, to send my homework to my sighted Japanese sensei in Word. However, I also want to be able to use Kanji with NVDA and Yam6Ten, as it is the case with VoiceOver on the iPhone. How can I use them? I haven't added a Japanese keyboard yet. Maybe I should do it?
I would be grateful for your tips.
Best,
Olya
Skickat från min iPhone

Kojiro Kuyo

Apr 14, 2024, 9:11:25 AMApr 14
to nvda-japa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olya,

To input Kanji on Windows, you need to install Microsoft IME.
I will write the steps below, but since I don't have an English version
of Windows on hand, please note that the steps may be slightly incorrect.

1. Press Windows Key + I to open the settings screen.
2. Press the Tab key, use the arrow keys to select "Time & Language" and
press Enter, press the Tab key, use the arrow keys to select "Language &
region" and press the Enter key.
3. Select "Add a language" using the tab key and press the enter key.
4. Search for "Japanese" and press "Next" using the tab key and press
the enter key.
5. Make sure that "Language pack" is checked and press the enter key on
"Install".
6. Press Windows + B keys and use the arrow keys to select "ENG" and
press enter to select "Japanese" Microsoft IME.
Now you are ready to input Japanese.

In Japanese, we use Roman characters (English alphabet) along with
Japanese characters (hiragana, katakana, kanji). Therefore, enter
characters while switching between Japanese input mode and Romaji input
mode.
To switch between Japanese input mode and Romaji input mode, press
[Alt]+[~].

Best.

--
Kojiro Kuyo
E-Mail mai...@sf-dream.com

Olga Koeva

Jul 8, 2024, 7:39:19 AMJul 8
to nvda-japa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kojiro!
Thank you very much for your answer!
I think I've just installed Japanese on my PC. But I can't find the menu with Windows key+B. What's this menu about? And how can I switch between Japanese input and Romaji input?
Thanks in advance,
Olya
Skickat från min iPhone

> 14 apr. 2024 kl. 15:11 skrev Kojiro Kuyo <mai...@sf-dream.com>:
>
> Hi Olya,
> --
> NVDA日本語版
> https://www.nvda.jp
> --- このメールは Google グループのグループ「NVDA Japanese Users」の登録者に送られています。
> このグループから退会し、グループからのメールの配信を停止するには nvda-japanese-u...@googlegroups.com にメールを送信してください。
> このディスカッションをウェブ上で閲覧するには、https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nvda-japanese-users/2a4414dc-0e82-40b2-bc69-95a2341691ed%40sf-dream.com にアクセスしてください。

Kojiro Kuyo

Jul 13, 2024, 9:15:24 PM (13 days ago) Jul 13
to nvda-japa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olya,

My Windows 11, press Windows key + B, then press the right arrow key.
トレイ入力インジケーター 右クリックで IME のオプションを表示します。  ボタン
(Tray Input Indicator Right-click to display IME options.  button)
Read it like this.
Now press the Application key or Shift+F10 to display the context menu,
and press the up and down arrow keys to read the IME menu.
To switch between Japanese and English, press the key below the ESC key
in the upper left on a Japanese keyboard.
If you have an English layout keyboard, hold down the Alt key and press
the ` (top rightmost) key.

Best.

Kojiro

Suzuki Mitsuo

Jul 14, 2024, 1:46:06 AM (13 days ago) Jul 14
to nvda-japa...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

You can refer following:

Microsoft Japanese IME - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-japanese-ime-da40471d-6b91-4042-ae8b-713a96476916#ID0EBBL=English_keyboard_(101/102_key)

Best Regards,

Mitsuo Suzuki

Windows メール から送信