Error: invalid email

MIS Executive

Aug 11, 2023, 1:07:56 AM8/11/23
to NV Form Mule Add-on
When i send mails some mail id's don't get my mail and shows Error: Invalid email so please help me

Bart van Dalfsen

Aug 11, 2023, 9:09:09 AM8/11/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi MIS,

Please doublecheck the column/cell containing the email-address of the corresponding failed record.
On the right of your formresponses tab you will find an cell containing the exact error-reply of both FormMule and the mailserver.

If you do not understand this information please copy+paste this in a reply.

Note: when using multiple email-addresses to send to: / cc: / bcc: the separation character can differ depending on region settings.
It is often simply a comma (,) but it can be semicolon (;) sometimes instead.
Using the wrong separator leads to failures with sending because of your own fault ;)

Cheers, Bart

Op vr 11 aug 2023 om 07:07 schreef MIS Executive <m...@standardalloysindia.com>:
When i send mails some mail id's don't get my mail and shows Error: Invalid email so please help me

MIS Executive

Aug 17, 2023, 7:48:01 AM8/17/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am from India and in spreadsheet settings I used the United Kingdom time zone so I used (;) but it still shows Error : Invalid email in formmule sheet. And I used (,) then some emails showed errors. Please help me out.

Email id is correct when we use an email app then no error is shown.

Joseph Schmidt

Aug 17, 2023, 10:02:37 AM8/17/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com

MIS Executive

Aug 18, 2023, 12:41:05 AM8/18/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
I created 4 email address columns and in form-mule i use first email as To and other three in CC .

Bart van Dalfsen

Aug 18, 2023, 5:29:08 AM8/18/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
copy the cellcontents for any email address and test them individually in your email application.
Gmail will test the formatting and separator for instance, you can see and tell if the addresses are correct at all.
A test mail with a request to reply to validate the address will guarantee if the mailprocess works normal.
9 out of 10 problems with mailings are solved this way.

Help cannot be provided when left in the dark what the exact errormessages and without the (anonimized) input you are using.
Then it remains a guess what you are doing (input) and a guess what problem you encounter (errormessage) to get to the solid conclusion "it does not work" (emailing fails)

Cheers, Bart

MIS Executive

Aug 24, 2023, 7:03:08 AM8/24/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Sir i sent manually mail but when i use today formmule this error happens again shows Error: Invalid email.

Please provide me with a strong solution.

MIS Executive

Aug 24, 2023, 7:20:29 AM8/24/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
I checked sir some columns have one email they show errors but some have 2 to 3 emails ids they send and which column have only one email id they show error.
Please help me out for this problem.

Joseph Schmidt

Aug 24, 2023, 9:00:38 AM8/24/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com

MIS Executive

Aug 25, 2023, 12:18:54 AM8/25/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Error:Invalid Email

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "NV Form Mule Add-on" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nv-form-mule-add-on/CAPWPTORZ1VGfYmHqoG_%3DHdf7_n25xGvPdNU%3DanR28PqsajjDOw%40mail.gmail.com.

Joseph Schmidt

Aug 25, 2023, 12:46:54 AM8/25/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Does it show the invalid email address?

Can you you copy the message and delete a couple of chapters?

We need more information.

Alex Wilson Kho

Aug 25, 2023, 1:00:50 AM8/25/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if we have the same case. I've got this error before. There might be wrong spelling in the email address.. please recheck the dropdown of the form and edit the email address.. so that formule can send the email.

Thanks

Bart van Dalfsen

Aug 25, 2023, 4:03:16 AM8/25/23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
please provide exact error details (cell copy+paste)
but annonimize personal information by a
replace of each emailaddress with user...@domain.com

and provide the same for the merged address fields (cell copy+paste)
to:  <ALL  THIS, AGAIN ANNONIMIZED>
cc:  <ALL  THIS, AGAIN ANNO=NIMIZED>
bcc:   <ALL  THIS, AGAIN ANNONIMIZED>

Using the correct seperator when addressing more fields is your responsibility.
If your SMTP or IMAP mailserver rejects your list because you specified the wrong separator with multiple address then you are in the wrong and end up with:

Error: Invalid email.

You can search for all the settings in the world but as long as you do not comply to the email-specifications required you have to do your own research as FormMule has gets the error back from the email-server.

Please provide me with a strong solution.

My collegues at the servicedesk used to classify this as PEBKAC.
Don't be offended but use this feedback to be more critical towards your own work and role. Even a beginnning developer will first have to re-examen their input if the output is not desired.

This is the end of strongest solution possible.

Do what you should do best.

Cheers, Bart

Tanessa Carter

Jul 2, 2024, 12:35:27 PM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Help! I keep receiving an Invalid email error message. I know that the email is not invalid. I only receive this error under a specific condition (when we "approve" an application). Not all entries come back with the same error and this particular entry does not get an error message when I change the condition to denied or any other condition that I have set. I have gone back through the template process multiple times to compare what is working and what is not with the other conditions. I have also deleted the "approved" condition and completed it again but it is still coming up with an error.

This is the error:
Error: Invalid email: hine...@domain.net; heis...@domain.net

Thank you for your help!

Joseph Schmidt

Jul 2, 2024, 1:12:26 PM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried a comma between email addresses?

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any legal privilege or confidentiality protected under law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. All communications may also be subject to Virginia's Freedom of Information Act.

Bart van Dalfsen

Jul 3, 2024, 5:13:41 AM (yesterday) Jul 3
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vanessa,

Joseph is probably right, use a comma (,) instead of a semicolon (;)

Sometimes it helps if you read an error literally and not draw any conclusions but simply treat it as an instruction to.com  yourself to solve.

if the error is about a (single) emailaddress (it did not stat emailS or addressES) and the data clearly contains or appears as two addresses, then you could debug it yourself by replacing the whole all with a single address first, and then the other, and if bit worked fine again with the proper field delimiter (,|/\;) to indicate the next address.
And if your other template with multiple errors works okay simply copy that one over this...
...and there is cc: and bcc: for addressees for which the need to know is enough.

final trick to make life little easier on te receiver side when they use an @gmail.com or google workspace email account is to add a plussign (+) and a comment (without spaces!) after the username and before the @domain.net part

example:

this way a the receiver can determine more easily the origin and setup a filter to apply a label (folder), raise priority or automate the archival after a preferred period of time.

(autoarchive or delete should be a second filter with the following keyword in the body: older_than:21d
...to delete or archive (select in the second page) to make it leave your inbox)

Anyway, all the best with your FormMule debugging ;)

Cheers from the tiny NL,  Bart