Form Mule Help option only , but admins have access

John Demmers

Jun 23, 2024, 3:00:02 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Form Mule only shows the "Open" option, but when you open the spreadsheet as an administrator, all functions of Form Mule will be available and they also work.
As a Google Workspace Administrator, I have not made any change in the admin environment.
So is it a Google problem or a Fortm Mule problem?

Regards,

John

Joseph Schmidt

Jun 23, 2024, 3:10:49 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
I think you have discovered something.

I think Google made a change in some countries that is blocking certain add-ons.

Did you review the admin settings to see if there is any new settings?

Would you please contact Google?

Vormingen WGK Limburg

Jun 23, 2024, 8:18:11 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
On 1 account as administrator I can't do anything. On another account as contributor I only have problems with automic sendings. I can push as contributor.
Both same countries.

Op zo 23 jun 2024 om 09:10 schreef Joseph Schmidt <glua...@gmail.com>:

--
Dienst Ontwikkeling & Vorming
WGK Limburg | vorm...@limburg.wgk.be  | T. 089-36.59.80

Wit-Gele Kruis Limburg  |  Welzijnscampus 25  |  3600 Genk  |  T. 089-30 08 80

De bovenvermelde berichten/tekst en bijlagen verbinden het Wit-Gele Kruis Limburg op geen enkele wijze, tenzij anders werd overeengekomen bij een schriftelijke overeenkomst of tenzij zij later worden bevestigd bij een overeenkomstig de wettelijke voorschriften ondertekende brief. Evenmin kan het Wit-Gele Kruis Limburg aansprakelijk worden gesteld op grond van de inhoud van deze berichten/tekst en bijlagen. Dit bericht en de bijgevoegde bestanden zijn vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde personen of entiteiten. Indien u dit bericht per vergissing hebt ontvangen, gelieve dan onmiddellijk de verzender te verwittigen en deze e-mail te deleten. Ieder gebruik van dit bericht dat niet conform is met de bestemming ervan alsook de verspreiding of openbaarmaking is verboden. Wij stellen alles in het werk om virussen en wijzigingen van onze berichten te vermijden. Wij kunnen evenwel niet aansprakelijk worden gesteld voor de eventuele overdracht van virussen of voor de wijziging van dit bericht door derden. Bekijk onze volledige privacy policy op www.witgelekruis.be/privacy-policy

Rhys Andrews

Jun 23, 2024, 8:35:26 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Thanks for the extra insight, this gave me some ideas to try.
After further testing, it appears that only my PRIMARY SUPER ADMIN (as defined in account settings) can use the add-ons, both on new spreadsheets and the existing workflows. Even using another super admin account didn't suffice!

However in order to properly use that account, I would need to turn off the triggers on the original account, then turn them on again on the primary admin account (according to this section in the FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/180rfSn4zDoLT63Dnpss_sH5INDK5_u0JYwb8zJESYdE/edit#bookmark=kix.y96a3klwgevm). This would also mean that emails will start coming from the primary administrator's email account. This is not ideal as I prefer to keep that address hidden from the organisation. However, it is a possible workaround.

Rhys Andrews

Jun 23, 2024, 8:46:59 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Perhaps I spoke too soon. On another Google Workspace instance, even the primary admin cannot access the add-ons.
I can't find any consistent difference between the account that works, and the others (which don't).

I'll be contacting google support and will send updates if I get anything useful.

Supporting Officer

Jun 24, 2024, 4:08:37 AM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Rhys, have you got the answer from Google?

Rhys Andrews

Jun 24, 2024, 7:51:51 PM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Google pointed me to this page, but it is useless for me because I am not the developer:

Also, since my last message, form mule and copy down has stopped working everywhere for me. So for even the primary admin, and my personal google account, the add ons no longer work. This suggests to me that the issue is caused by some feature or other change that has been rolling out to users, and so I wouldn't be surprised if formMule and CopyDown are now or will soon be bricked globally. That being the case, I don't think I will get anywhere with Google, because it would likely rest with the developer to provide a fix. I have not as yet heard back from New Visions.

Yuvraj Ghorpade

Jun 25, 2024, 2:18:19 PM (9 days ago) Jun 25
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Hello All,

I see that everyone is having issue with Form Mule not working since I was working on to build a alternative option for Form Mule email trigger as soon as form is submitted..

So if anyone interested please reach out to me

John Demmers

Jun 26, 2024, 5:34:40 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
I notice that Form Mule no longer works with my regular (@gmail.com) Gmail account.

John Demmers

Jun 26, 2024, 5:39:03 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
My admin Google WorkSpace was still working recently, despite all other reports that Form Mule was no longer working. I now notice that Form Mule has also been failing there since June 25. Only "Help" remains.

Op dinsdag 25 juni 2024 om 20:18:19 UTC+2 schreef yuvraj....@pnmac.com:
Hello All,

John Demmers

Jun 26, 2024, 5:41:58 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Can't the source code of Form Mule be restored before changes were made and the problems started to arise?

Op dinsdag 25 juni 2024 om 20:18:19 UTC+2 schreef yuvraj....@pnmac.com:
Hello All,

Ben Havens

Jun 26, 2024, 6:56:47 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
So, It's not the answer that everyone wants, but I needed to get my form/sheet back up and running asap yesterday and delved into Apps Scripts.  It's actually not that difficult to do (you can use Gemini to help you write one) and I have recreated the functionality that I was using from form mule.  Apps Scripts even has a trigger for on form submission, so it's easy to get that part of it to work.  Google the problem and you'll find something close to a solution that can be modified to work. The benefit is that now you are staying within Google's system and there is less likelihood of it breaking over the long term.  Goodbye form mule...we had a great run (6 years)!

Joan Swiezynski

Jun 26, 2024, 9:07:07 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
I just emailed CloudLab to inquire.
This is also impacting CopyDown too.

Joan Swiezynski

Jun 26, 2024, 9:07:58 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
I am interested in what you built to replace FormMule.
Thank you.

Yuvraj Ghorpade

Jun 26, 2024, 11:55:56 AM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Here is the solution if anyone needed to send emails via Google Apps Script
Steps to setup a Trigger.docx

Ben Havens

Jun 26, 2024, 12:10:29 PM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
This is great - basically what I did but with instructions!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "NV Form Mule Add-on" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nv-form-mule-add-on/89197b55-fe4d-44ce-a38e-59d00a6f022bn%40googlegroups.com.

--
Ben Havens
Creative Building Concepts

John Demmers

Jun 26, 2024, 1:50:30 PM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to NV Form Mule Add-on
Form Mule works for me again. Fortunately, because it is a very nice application.

Kris Soetemans

Jun 26, 2024, 2:15:24 PM (8 days ago) Jun 26
to nv-form-m...@googlegroups.com
YES !!!!
it also works again for me.
THANK YOU for whoever repaired it.