Linking to Slides

David Rivkin

Jul 1, 2019, 12:42:06 PM7/1/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on

Hi, everyone, I am new to this plug-in and have a major question.
It says it can merge and create slides in the advertising materials but I see no reference to doing this in any of the documentation.
Does this not work in reality?  Or can someone point me to the right information please?
Thank you,
David Rivkin

Joe Schmidt

Jul 1, 2019, 1:11:54 PM7/1/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Autocrat can use a Document, Spreadsheet or a Slide as the Template.  The output is the same form as the template unless you choose to create a PDF.

Joe Schmidt

Brian McKenzie

Jul 2, 2019, 7:32:25 AM7/2/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

Set up a slide deck as your merge template the same way you would a document -- so really, just follow the instructions in the manual for creating a merge using <<tags>> linked to your spreadsheet column headers. When you execute the merge, the data will populate your slides.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 07/02/19, 07:29:39 AM

Brian McKenzie, Principal
Holy Trinity Catholic High School
100 Melbourne Drive, Bradford ON, L3Z 2B3
Twitter: @Trinity_Tigers

"We can't be content with knowing the kind of people we are. It matters, too, the kind of people we hope to be." - Anthony Appia

This is a staff email account managed by Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

David Rivkin

Jul 3, 2019, 1:03:14 PM7/3/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
What Slide object type does one need for image fields to load into a Slide?
How does one get an image file (from GForms) into the background?
How does one get each of a collection of files from GForm into an array of images?
How does one get text into the Notes for a slide?

Thanks,
David