Is there a limit of documents created by Autocrat?

Juan Manuel Zuluaga Henao

Dec 10, 2019, 1:15:47 PM12/10/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hey!
We've been using Autocrat for a while now. It was working perfectly until one day it stopped out of nowhere, we don't know why. We think it's because we get quite a lot of responses from the form the trigger is linked to. Is there a maximum quota of executions? is it a known issue?
Also we've tried to delete the merge job but ir re-appears by itself so...
Any help is welcome and very appreciated.
Thanks!

Amanda Smith

Dec 11, 2019, 2:59:10 PM12/11/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hello Juan,

(Has the location of this file moved on your drive or is it now in a Team or Shared Drive; Autocrat triggers will not consecutively run on files in Shared/Team Drives.
Also, does this sheet have multiple Autocrat jobs on it? If yes, running many Autocrat jobs on the same sheet can get tricky if you have a lot of rows to merge or if the spreadsheet overall is very data or formula heavy. )

Otherwise yes, you are correct there are a few Google Quotas. that might be impacting your job.
Autocrat is a free add-on that leverages the Google Platform to perform tasks such as running triggers and pushing out emails. Google has a 5-minute trigger run limitation, from the time the trigger is enabled, Autocrat has 5 minutes to process your whole spreadsheet, determine which rows need to be merged, create a copy of your template, merge the data on to it, and email it out for every applicable row. If this process takes longer than 5 minutes, Autocrat will time out and you could have rows that did not merge but the next Form or Time trigger that comes in should finish up rows that were left behind previously.

There is a daily total trigger runtime allowed, which depends on your account type: (90 min vs 6 hr/day)

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 2.57.30 PM.png

However, if none of these pertain to your situation, please give us more details about this Autocrat set-up and the number/complexity of jobs on the account running them the more details we have on the better. We appreciate your time and support in dissecting this error. Thanks!!!

RACI RACI

May 6, 2020, 11:09:07 PM5/6/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hello that means If I buy G suit basic than I can send up to 1500 emails (with attachment ) per day..
Am I right?

NAITIK TRIVEDI

May 8, 2020, 6:51:15 AM5/8/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Dear,

I have basic G Suit account.

I have purchased it today. Can you tell me autocrat send how many number of email from google spreadsheets.

I want to send more than 500 certificate to my students.

So will you please inform me.

Joseph Schmidt

May 8, 2020, 8:59:00 AM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Check with Google. I believe there is a waiting period before the quota is increased.

NAITIK TRIVEDI

May 8, 2020, 10:10:48 AM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hello dear,

I have purchased a G Suite account for autocrat but it does not send more than 50 emails per day.
User key is AA4ipIWuD2B/fu6QE6lq6rUUC1UAtdd0g107W2A0wUaavBc0dPm1/6xkI39BkIEeqrLEojZdfgEG

What i have to do to send more email from spreadsheets

NAITIK TRIVEDI

May 8, 2020, 10:38:22 AM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
I contacted google support they said to pay 30 dollars to send 1500 email each day as deposited amount but they said autocrat is 3rd party add ons so they not given assurance about it.

Is autocrat will send 1500 email after payin this amount?

Please guide

Joseph Schmidt

May 8, 2020, 10:45:17 AM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Are you sending the email to two people per row?  Each recipient counts toward your quota.

I have mentioned before that I think Google has a waiting period for a paid Gsuite quota to increase.  I'm not an expert on Gsuite but that is my understanding.

NAITIK TRIVEDI

May 8, 2020, 10:50:51 AM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
No sir,

Ya i know there is waiting period in G Suit nearly 2 months.

But when you do manual payment of 31 dollars then they immediately allow you to send 1500 emails each day.
There is no issue with G suite, but problem with autocrat
Is it send 1500 email if Gsuite approve then.
Because Autocrat is 3rd party add ons.

Sir

Joseph Schmidt

May 8, 2020, 11:16:04 AM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Again, I have never gone down this road.  There are limits as to how many emails may be sent via an Add-on.  Those are the limits that Autocrat uses.

Share the link to the quotas found in the FAQ with your Gsuite contact.

Flubaroo is an add-on that has an option to see how many emails can be sent.  I don't think Autocrat has that feature.

Chris Hobbs

May 8, 2020, 12:48:57 PM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
I just whipped together a very quick sheet + script to tell you how many emails you have remaining. You can make a copy of it here:

It will require you to grant permissions to your mail account. Please review the code in the script editor if you have any concerns.  Or create your own version using the code, since it is pretty trivial:

function remainingEmails() {
  var emailQuotaRemaining = MailApp.getRemainingDailyQuota();
  SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet()
   .toast("Remaining Emails", emailQuotaRemaining)
}

--
Chris Hobbs
Dublin Unified School District

Joseph Schmidt

May 8, 2020, 9:37:44 PM5/8/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com, Amanda Smith
Chris,

This is great.  I always used the option in Flubaroo but that might confuse others.  Folks should save the copy and run the script whenever in doubt of the emails remaining.

Amanda, it would be wonderful if this could be added to Autocrat and FormMule.