Importing images collected in Google forms to a Google Doc w/Autocrat

Kathy Boulet

Jan 30, 2020, 1:50:34 PM1/30/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
We are using Google Forms & Autocrat to collect applications.  The text part of the information is working beautifully.
For this application the individuals submitting need to submit a picture of themselves and a few other pictures of their family.

We are using the [File Upload] question type in Google Forms.

When we go to Autocrat to set up the mapping, we select {image} for the type and make the folder that the images are stored in viewable by anyone with the link.
As you have probably guessed, the images are not showing in my document.

My questions are:
--Should I use a different question type for applicants to submit pictures?  or
--Is there a way to automatically Host the submitted images?
--I've tried to install the previous version of Autocrat (with a new account) to see if that would work.  But the only version I've been able to install is the current one.

Thanks for your help!

Joseph Schmidt

Jan 30, 2020, 2:57:46 PM1/30/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
You have to share the folder with anyone with the link can view.  Also, the URL will not work without a small change.

See FAQ there is a section on images.

Kathy Boulet

Feb 3, 2020, 10:25:09 AM2/3/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Joe,
        Thanks for your response.  I've seen the code in the FAQ section on images...I'm just not sure what I need to do with it or where to put it.  I've never worked with an Array Formula, so it's looking Greek to me.  :)

Kathy

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 1:50 PM Kathy Boulet <boule...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Joseph Schmidt

Feb 3, 2020, 10:48:57 AM2/3/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
It depends on if you allowed multiple photos per question.  If you only allowed one photo per question, you need to insert a column and put this formula in row one.

If you only have allowed a single image, then this formula will work.

=arrayformula(if(row(A:A)=1,"photo id",substitute(D:D,"open?","uc?export=view&")))

Change the D:D to the column that has the URL to the photo.

An arrayformula is a way to eliminate the need for the CopyDown add-on.

Kathy Boulet

Feb 3, 2020, 11:25:09 AM2/3/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Joe,
       Thank for so much!  I was able to get an image to go through on my testing form.

Kathy