AutoCrat: Can you set it to run on specific rows and not others OR does it always do the entire spreadsheet

Kirsten Dexter

Apr 25, 2019, 9:05:04 AM4/25/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
AutoCrat: Can you set it to run on specific rows and not others OR does it always do the entire spreadsheet

glua...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 9:41:34 AM4/25/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
You can set conditions by checking for NULL, NOT NULL, or a specific value in a column.  You set this in step 7.

You can use a formula to calculate the value if you have a complex set of conditions.  Use Arrayformula or CopyDown to have the formula on new responses.

Also, Autocrat will not run for any rows that are not blank in the status column.

Kirsten Dexter

Apr 28, 2019, 4:33:09 PM4/28/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
If you do this, can you then set the trigger....meaning it automatically runs when someone submits and the column I set the conditions for apply. When I manually run it only does the ones where I set the condition to say yes in a specific column.  If I now set to run on a trigger, will it still only run when they submit and column says yes?

Joseph Schmidt

Apr 28, 2019, 5:59:19 PM4/28/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
No matter how Autocrat runs, it will follow the filters.  You can use a Form Trigger or Time Trigger.

Kirsten Dexter

Apr 28, 2019, 7:32:09 PM4/28/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Just want to make sure I have this right before I mess up everything for my science department.  Under the filter, I selected that when I manually run autocrat, then ONLY the submissions with the word yes in a designated column one receive the google doc.  If I select either type of trigger, it will run when the designated column says yes and NOT before?

Kirsten Dexter, M.Ed.
Science Department Chair

Biology & BRVGS AP Biology Instructor
William Monroe High School
434-939-9004

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. W. B. Yeats

glua...@gmail.com