Time trigger not working for <<TODAY>> date specification

MSAG Webmaster

Jun 5, 2020, 12:29:04 PM6/5/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I have a form that has a field called "Announcement Date".  I want Autocrat to send out a PDF document and email on the day the announcement is supposed to be read, so I set the conditions in the Time trigger to Announcement Date is <<TODAY>>.  There doesn't seem to be any way to force the trigger to test it, so I set it to "hour" and nothing happened.  I'd like to set a particular time each day for the merge to run, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that, either.  Is the <<TODAY>> format different than the standard date format in the spreadsheet such that it can't compare the values?  Can I put <<TODAY>> in the filename or will the "/" in the date cause problems?

MSAG Webmaster

Jun 5, 2020, 1:04:15 PM6/5/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
I tried a different approach and created a column (Email Trigger)  that calculates the difference between Announcement Date and <<TODAY>> then used the selection criteria of Email Trigger equals 0 and it worked.  Why doesn't it allow for a date comparison?  Date is a numeric value just as any other field in the spreadsheet so date comparisons should be allowed.
Dennis Vlasich
MSAG Webmaster

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 9:29 AM MSAG Webmaster <dvla...@msagresidents.org> wrote:
I have a form that has a field called "Announcement Date".  I want Autocrat to send out a PDF document and email on the day the announcement is supposed to be read, so I set the conditions in the Time trigger to Announcement Date is <<TODAY>>.  There doesn't seem to be any way to force the trigger to test it, so I set it to "hour" and nothing happened.  I'd like to set a particular time each day for the merge to run, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that, either.  Is the <<TODAY>> format different than the standard date format in the spreadsheet such that it can't compare the values?  Can I put <<TODAY>> in the filename or will the "/" in the date cause problems?

Joseph Schmidt

Jun 5, 2020, 1:47:08 PM6/5/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Date is a number that also included the time of day.  It will not match any date value in the spreadsheet.

MSAG Webmaster

Jun 5, 2020, 2:05:26 PM6/5/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
The convention is that "NOW()" is the date that includes the time, whereas "TODAY()" is just the (Julian) date.  That seems to be a design flaw.

Dennis Vlasich
MSAG Webmaster