Repeated emails being sent?

Sarah Janis

Sep 11, 2019, 10:03:08 AM9/11/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I have an Autocrat job set where a user submits a form and gets an email with the created doc link attached. Several users reported today that they are getting multiple emails after submitting the form. This is the first time I've heard of this happening. Anyone know what could cause it or how to stop this from happening?

Amanda Smith

Sep 16, 2019, 1:29:05 PM9/16/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hello,

How many Autocrat jobs do you have on this sheet?
Do you have duplicate merge column headers? (should only be 4 column headers created by Autocraton your sheet)
Thanks!

Michele Mccabe

Sep 23, 2019, 7:28:27 PM9/23/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
We are having the same issue. We only have four column headers created by AutoCrat on our sheet, yet it is creating three copies of everything. We use it to create Student of the Month Certificates after a form is submitted- no emails sent. We also use it for discipline referrals and it creates three different copies of the completed referral and send three different emails - each on separate days. There were three copies of every referral, but only three copies of some of the referrals. We have used the same process in previous years and never had this issue.

Joseph Schmidt

Sep 23, 2019, 8:49:29 PM9/23/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Are you running the merge on the sheet that receives the responses?

Are there other sheets in the spreadsheets?

Michele Mccabe

Sep 24, 2019, 12:49:11 PM9/24/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Yes. We are running the merge on the sheet that receives the form responses.
We do have other tabs on the sheet that are created from EZQuery.

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 7:03:08 AM UTC-7, Sarah Janis wrote:
I have an Autocrat job set where a user submits a form and gets an email with the created doc link attached. Several users reported today that they are getting multiple emails after submitting the form. This is the first time I've heard of this happening. Anyone know what could cause it or how to stop this from happening?

Joseph Schmidt

Sep 24, 2019, 2:25:34 PM9/24/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
So you are running the merge on a sheet(tab) that receives the form information and not one of the sheets(tabs) created by a query statement.  I think EZquery just helps in the writing of the statement.

Did someone else set up some autocrat jobs on the spreadsheet?

I get confused between a Spreadsheet and the sheets it contains.  Can you duplicate the problem in test files that can be shared?

Sarah Janis

Sep 27, 2019, 10:59:14 AM9/27/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
My case is similar to Michelle's above except that it is also generating emails. Yes, I have only 4 columns, and yes, the merge is on the same sheet that receives the responses. There is one other sheet in the spreadsheet, added by a collaborator with her own notes typed into it.

That said, I haven't heard about this issue happening again since I first posted this. So perhaps it was a temporary glitch that cleared itself up? But I'd still like to understand why it happened in case it happens again in the future.

Sarah