Rows not merging

Cynthia Paulino

Jun 17, 2024, 1:08:31 PMJun 17
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I am trying to perform a job, but the output document wasn't created despite several times. The extension reports "Rows that will be merged: No rows will be merged. None meet merge criteria." What should I do?

About the Job
I mapped the source data to the template so all tags were merged.
I updated the extension to Version 3.0 today.
I'm looking to have the spreadsheet's data in a single gDoc.

What I've Done
So far, I tried deleting the job and re-creating it. I also closed and re-opened both spreadsheet's tab and the output folder. But both actions did not produce the output file.

David Bain

Jun 17, 2024, 1:23:27 PMJun 17
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hi Cynthia,
Just a guess... are there any additional columns in your spreadsheet? Autocrat creates additional columns, once they exist (regardless of how they were generated) and have data in them, this prevents the job from running.

Cynthia Paulino

Jun 17, 2024, 3:28:45 PMJun 17
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hey David. You're right! I deleted the empty columns and the columns not merged with the gDoc. And the job ran perfectly. Thank you for your suggestion. :)

Susan Futran

Jun 18, 2024, 11:20:35 AMJun 18
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I'm just starting & I have the same issues as Cynthia.  I will try to delete empty columns, but it's unfortunate because now I will have to create a duplicate spreadsheet.  And further, some of my people have company names & some do not; is there a better way for this? Or a better program?
Thanks in advance.

David Bain

Jun 18, 2024, 11:24:09 AMJun 18
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Susan,
You may be misinterpreting the instruction. This isn’t about empty columns, it's about additional columns that autocrat adds. If those exist you’ll need to delete them.