TypeError: cannot call method "getStartOffset" of null. Has anybody dealt with this?

SFP@LGHS

Apr 14, 2020, 7:30:46 PM4/14/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
  -My job used to run without error and now I'm getting the type error shown every time Autocrat attempts to run the job.  I think it may be related to the columns Autocrat generates in my Google Sheet.  I've been clearing the data out of those fields in order for Autocrat not to skip them when I was testing the merge.  I want to fix this without having to unlink my current sheet and start fresh with a new Sheet.  Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.38.36 PM.png

Emma Riddell

May 12, 2020, 11:31:01 PM5/12/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I have the same error. My job was working fine until I updated the spreadsheet settings to Calculate on change and every minute. Now it just hangs, so I changed the setting back and still nothing.
It is recognising that there is a job waitng to be processed.

Has anyone come up with a 'fix'?

Feeling desperate ...

Emma Riddell

May 14, 2020, 8:51:06 PM5/14/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
So, I have fixed my error. It has nothing to do with the spreasheet recalculation (for those of you who are interested).

My form is for staff reimbursements where staff must upload supporting documentation.

In the Autocrat job the upload field is set as a hyperlink so the person authorising the claim can see the supporting documentation in drive.
The only difference with the line that 'hung' and others was that it had 3 uploads, all the others had 1.
I deleted the hyperlink and the job executed perfectly.

To work around this if I want to keep the hyperlinks I will have to add an upload option at the end of each question instead of one 'bulk' one at the end of the form.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Schmidt

May 14, 2020, 9:22:13 PM5/14/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Emma,

Thanks for sharing.  That makes sense because Autocrat couldn't convert 3 links separated by commas.

In the form, you can set a limit on how many files can be uploaded.  Then add that many columns to the spreadsheet.  Use the split function to separate the links into the number you allowed.

I'm happy you figured it out.

Emma Riddell

May 14, 2020, 10:41:05 PM5/14/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joe,

That's a much tidier way of doing it. TGIF!!!

Ngā mihi maioha

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "NV Autocrat Add-on" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nv-autocrat-add-on/CAPWPTOR8XYEW5r59SWZojCunXEyQSPLP7GUxS%3DCp2bze2ShU%2Bg%40mail.gmail.com.