Autocrat not sending merged email

Lindsey

Jun 25, 2019, 12:51:19 PM6/25/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on

Hello!

I have been using Autocrat for years, but all of sudden the email function is not working properly. Ugh.

I do not run Autocrat on triggers, I always do it manually. When I run Autocrat, it appears everything is working. The columns show the merge, the PDF is sent to a different folder in my drive, but the email containing the PDF will not send. I do not receive any error messages signalling something is wrong. I just do not receive the emails.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time and help!

RentApartex Sonia

Jun 25, 2019, 3:51:52 PM6/25/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem....

Alex Gonçalves

Jun 26, 2019, 8:21:50 AM6/26/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I have the same problem....

Em terça-feira, 25 de junho de 2019 16:51:52 UTC-3, RentApartex Sonia escreveu:
I have the same problem....

El mar., 25 jun. 2019 18:51, Lindsey <lrei...@blairoaks.org> escribió:

Hello!

I have been using Autocrat for years, but all of sudden the email function is not working properly. Ugh.

I do not run Autocrat on triggers, I always do it manually. When I run Autocrat, it appears everything is working. The columns show the merge, the PDF is sent to a different folder in my drive, but the email containing the PDF will not send. I do not receive any error messages signalling something is wrong. I just do not receive the emails.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time and help!

Brian McKenzie

Jun 26, 2019, 8:54:45 AM6/26/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lindsey

The most common issue related to this is the so-called "time zone" error. Reset your time zone (File - Spreadsheet Settings) and see if that makes a difference.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/26/19, 08:53:15 AM

Brian McKenzie, Principal
Holy Trinity Catholic High School
100 Melbourne Drive, Bradford ON, L3Z 2B3
Twitter: @Trinity_Tigers

"We can't be content with knowing the kind of people we are. It matters, too, the kind of people we hope to be." - Anthony Appia

This is a staff email account managed by Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

Lindsey

Jun 26, 2019, 11:30:32 AM6/26/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hi Brian!

I changed my Time Zone and it still isn't working. I have had trouble with the Time Zone setting previously and I received a little pop up box with an error. Whenever I run Autocrat now, I do not receive any errors messages, but the emails aren't being sent. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your time and help!

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM Lindsey <lrei...@blairoaks.org> wrote:

Hello!

I have been using Autocrat for years, but all of sudden the email function is not working properly. Ugh.

I do not run Autocrat on triggers, I always do it manually. When I run Autocrat, it appears everything is working. The columns show the merge, the PDF is sent to a different folder in my drive, but the email containing the PDF will not send. I do not receive any error messages signalling something is wrong. I just do not receive the emails.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time and help!

Brian McKenzie

Jun 26, 2019, 11:36:22 AM6/26/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lindsey -- well, then I would get the user code and reply to the group so that Amanda can look into it on her end. You can also open an error console while AutoCrat is running to see if there is a problem.

Control+Shift+J will open the console window. Screen shot that and include it as well

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/26/19, 11:35:22 AM

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:30 AM Lindsey <lrei...@blairoaks.org> wrote:
[...]

Lindsey

Brian McKenzie

Jun 26, 2019, 5:52:24 PM6/26/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
She works for NewVisions Cloud Lab and monitors this discussion group offering help.

Open your Add-ons menu, select Autocrat, then select Get User Key. Paste it into a message and post it along with the error console.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/26/19, 05:48:42 PM

Hi Brian!

[...]

Jamal Richardson

Oct 24, 2019, 3:21:07 PM10/24/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Was your problem ever solved? I am having the same exact issue!

Christina N. Rayburn (cnrayburn)

Oct 25, 2019, 9:06:19 AM10/25/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com

My problem was solved but still happens occasionally.  I was told to make sure to go in to the job and undo auto trigger, save that.  Then go back in and set up the auto trigger and save that.  It seems to work and then a week goes by and it stops working…so I redo that process again and then it works.

Hope this helps.

Christina

Amanda Smith

Oct 25, 2019, 12:29:06 PM10/25/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
If this is a reoccurring issue even after you toggle the triggers (please do this while only logged into one Google account) then there might be other reasons why the triggers are not running.

First I want to confirm that this spreadsheet is not on a Team or Shared Drive; Autocrat triggers will not consecutively run on files in Shared/Team Drives.
Second, running many Autocrat jobs on the same sheet can get tricky if you have a lot of rows to merge or if the spreadsheet overall is very data or formula heavy. This is primarily because of Google Quotas. (Check out this link for more details)

Autocrat is a free add-on that leverages the Google Platform to perform tasks such as running triggers and pushing out emails. Google has a 5 minute trigger run limitation, from the time the trigger is enabled, Autocrat has 5 minutes to process your whole spreadsheet, determine which rows need to be merged, create a copy of your template, merge the data on to it, and email it out for every applicable row. If this process takes longer than 5 minutes, Autocrat will time out and you could have rows that did not merge but the next Form or Time trigger that comes in should finish up rows that were left behind previously.)

Other quotas that are good to be aware of:
The number of triggers allowed per user/per script.
According to Google, a single account can have no more than 20 jobs for each Add-on ( If you have more than 20 Autocrat jobs, then this will become an issue).

The daily total trigger runtime allowed, which depends on your account type: (90 min vs 6 hr/day)

Most of the time, if you have many Autocrat jobs on one sheet, dividing them into separate spreadsheets, will resolve the issues.

If none of these factors pertain to you and can we please get details on your job set-up and overall Autocrat use, if there is something else that could be preventing Autocrat triggers from running then the more information we have the better. Thanks so much!!!