Variable bullet lists

Kevin M

May 22, 2019, 6:50:12 PM5/22/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Looking to create a bullet list in a mail merge that may have up to 4 bullets.  e.g.
  • <<P1>>
  • <<P2>>
  • <<P3>>
  • <<P4>>
If there rows with less than 4 values in the spreadsheet would not like to create the extra blank bullets

Possible?

Mark Damon

May 22, 2019, 7:10:52 PM5/22/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com

I might be overthinking it, but the ASCII code for a bullet is ALT+254.  I would go into my google sheet and enter insert a colum and put the bullet in a cell.  Then, I would create columns for the responses that are if/then statement… if there is data, then concatenate the bullet and the entered item.  However, if there is no data, leave the cell blank.

The concatenate cell would look like this… =if(A2=””,””,concatenate (E2,A2)   where A2 houses the data and E2 is the bullet.  Then, if there is any null values, it would remain blank.  Then, have autocrat pull the columns that contain the concatenated items.

Mark E. Damon
Educational Technology Coordinator
Google Certified Trainer
Medford Township School District