Number format changing when creating doc

Clare

Feb 21, 2020, 9:01:35 AM2/21/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I'm trying to merge some data for a French document and need my currency data to be displayed as 33,00€ (note the comma rather than decimal point).

The currency fields are correctly formatted to the French format in my Sheet, but Autocrat seems to be switching the data back to 33.00 during the merge.

Is there anything I can do to stop this?

I've formatted all the fields in the Sheet and switched my docs and drive to French but I'm still not having any success.

Thanks,
Clare

Joseph Schmidt

Feb 21, 2020, 9:15:52 AM2/21/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Use the same solution that is explained for dates in the FAQ.  The formatting is lost during the merge so you have to create a text column.  You can use an Arrayformula instead of CopyDown if you choose.

Dates don’t appear correctly in the merged document?

autoCrat supports a number of date formats, but not all.  Common failures are non-American date formats. If autoCrat is not merging a date the way you like, the solution is to use the text() function in a separate column.  If you want this to work on a form submission sheet, you should also install the copyDown add-on.

  • If your date is in column A put a version of the following formula in another column = text ( A2, “dd/mm/yyyy”)  OR = text ( A2, “dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm a”)

In case you’re curious:

There are two dates in a cell:  The date you see, which incorporates the format you have applied, and the underlying date “object” that your spreadsheet sees.  The object has much more information than you probably need (seconds, timezone, etc.).

When autoCrat runs a merge, it uses a third party library that looks at the formatting you have applied to the spreadsheet, and also applies it to the date.  Not all formats are supported, though the list is growing. If the format chosen is not supported, autoCrat falls back to a default date string.

Nicolas Leon

Jun 28, 2022, 7:30:01 AM6/28/22
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I used the following code for formatting euros with comma and point:

=TEXT(A1;"#,##0.00 €")

Example:
A2 = 25789
B2 = TEXT(A2;"#,##0.00 €"
B2 shows: 25.789,00 € (which is the european standard)

Nicolas