Can't merge more than 98 documents

Samra Hasanovic

Jun 27, 2019, 6:40:41 AM6/27/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hey guys :-)

Quick question. I can't merge more than 98 items and I wanted to know if you have to upgrade or what I can do instead. I didn't find an upgrade where you have to pay to merge more than 98 items.

Thanks in advance,

Samra

Joseph Schmidt

Jun 27, 2019, 8:30:55 AM6/27/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Samra,

What error are you getting?  Are there any duplicate title descriptions?  I think I tested with more than 98.  How many merge tags to you have?

Are there places where you can combine two tags by adding a column with formula to combine the data.  <<first>> <<middle>> <<last>> could become <<name>'

If you could share your template and a test spreadsheet, we could take a look.

Lori Mente

Apr 16, 2020, 7:05:31 PM4/16/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Did you ever find a response on this?  We also need to run several hundred and keep getting stopped at 100... we are willing to pay for a bulk service.  I was hoping Amanda Smith might jump in on this thread...

Joseph Schmidt

Apr 16, 2020, 8:05:59 PM4/16/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to merge more than 98 documents.  Are you trying to merge the documents into a single file?  That can cause a problem as Autocrat restarts after a hundred rows.

Can you tell us more about what you are trying to do?

Lori Mente

Apr 17, 2020, 3:48:46 PM4/17/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I'm actually helping someone else, but this is what she's trying to do:

We want to send the students their schedule. We need to do a Mail Merge with their class/time frame/ teacher. It will have the students name, ID #, and email address as other aspects to the merged file.

So, not creating a single file, creating many separate files and emailing them to the students.

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 3:40:41 AM UTC-7, Samra Hasanovic wrote:
Hey guys :-)

Quick question. I can't merge more than 98 items and I wanted to know if you have to upgrade or what I can do instead. I didn't find an upgrade where you have to pay to merge more than 98 items.

Thanks in advance,

Samra

Joseph Schmidt

Lori Mente

Joseph Schmidt

Apr 17, 2020, 5:37:44 PM4/17/20
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
How long have you been on Gsuite?  It takes some time for a Gsuite account to get full privileges.  I don't have a Gsuite account.

Can you tell me more about any error messages?  What is in the Status column?  If the Status column has "Starting ...", Autocrat will not process that row.

I believe Autocrat does a 100 rows and then starts over with the next 100 rows.  That is normal for Autocrat and it is to prevent the merge from exceeding the time limit imposed by Google.

I can't find a way to check the quota when using Autocrat but I found a way via FormMule.  Create a simple merge and choose Save and Send all. You will see your quota and how many you have left for the 24 hour period.

image.png
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nv-autocrat-add...@googlegroups.com.

Lori Mente

Apr 17, 2020, 5:44:26 PM4/17/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
We moved to google in 2011, so I don't think time is the issue. :)

I'll have to ask what her errors are and get back to you. :)  Thank you for your responsiveness!  I know that I can send up to 500 emails at one time from my Gmail account, but not sure why this has other limits.  I'll check with her and get back to you.