Form Trigger Help

Isabella Gilchrist

Jun 26, 2019, 4:30:58 PM6/26/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hello all,

I'm very new to Autocrat. I discovered it last week. Backstory: I work for a property management company and we needed a quicker, easier way to send a confirmation email to prospective Tenants. We have our agent answer the lease detail questions in a form, it goes into the spreadsheet, and populates into a letter. I have it set to trigger automatically every time new data is put into the spreadsheet. Ideally, it sends a letter to the newest row AKA our latest prospective Tenant. However, what is actually happening, is that every time new data is entered, it is re-sending an email to every single prospective tenant. I received a call from one of these prospects today stating that she received her email about 6 times in one day and she was very confused.

I am at a loss on how to fix this. I know there's conditional forms, but I'm trying to avoid this as we just don't have a person that is able to monitor the spreadsheet to that extent. I also saw in the AutoCrat 3.0 Help doc that "by default, AutoCrat will run for all rows in a job’s data sheet that do not have a value in the status column for that job." So, is this a bug that I'm experiencing or am I misreading this and it's supposed to run all of the rows that have already been run and mail merged?

Any input or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jon Couch

Jun 26, 2019, 9:52:00 PM6/26/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Isabella, I’m new to autocrat but I’m sure you can find a solution to your problem. You might also want to look at FormMule an email add on which was also developed by New Vision. We’ve been using FormMule to do exactly what you’re doing for several years. They have a similar Google Group for FormMule. Good luck with your project. You’re on the right track!

Ryan Horne

Jun 27, 2019, 8:19:48 AM6/27/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hi Isabella,

I have had this error in the past. I did have to delete the autocrat job, delete the autocrat columns in the Google Sheet, and then recreate the autocrat job .... I agree with Jon, that FormMule might be a better fit for you since you only want to send confirmation emails.

Isabella Gilchrist

Jun 27, 2019, 9:18:12 AM6/27/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Thanks for your input! I looked into FormMule and the only issue I see with this is we send an attachment with our confirmation email. Our email is short and sweet,

"Hello <<Tenant Name>>,

Please review the attached document for the proposed terms of your lease agreement. Please reply to this email with confirmation of your agreement to the terms and any corrections if needed. If you have set up a date and time to sign your lease in office, our office is located at:

360 Alpha Drive
Highland Heights, OH 44143

** We recommend typing Cleveland Property Management into your GPS **
(Directions: Off Wilson Mills Road, look at the driveways to the right. You will want Driveway #21 and Building B)

If you cannot find our office, please call 440-461-0050 and we will assist you.

For the lease signing to be complete the following needs to be in the company's possession:
- Two forms of ID for all people named on the lease.
- Signed lease by all people named on the lease.
- $<<Security Deposit>> in certified funds for the security deposit (money order or cashiers check, NOT a personal check) payable to "CPMG". *We need two separate certified payments for the security deposit and 1st months rent."

and includes more detail in an attachment, see attached. Doing away with the attachment is perfectly fine, but I do need a table in the email. We've found that it's just the easiest way for the Tenant to understand and it makes it easier for our Leasing team to write up the lease. I feel like I may be trying to force something to fit our way of doing things, but if I can make it work that's ideal.

Ryan, did the form work correctly for you after doing this?

On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 4:30:58 PM UTC-4, Isabella Gilchrist wrote:
Lease Signing Confirmation Template.pdf

Brian McKenzie

Jun 27, 2019, 9:49:01 AM6/27/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Isabella

If you want, share a copy of your spreadsheet and template file (a shared folder works best) and I will see if I can sort it out . . .

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/27/19, 09:47:25 AM

Brian McKenzie, Principal
Holy Trinity Catholic High School
100 Melbourne Drive, Bradford ON, L3Z 2B3
Twitter: @Trinity_Tigers

"We can't be content with knowing the kind of people we are. It matters, too, the kind of people we hope to be." - Anthony Appia

This is a staff email account managed by Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
Message has been deleted

Ryan Horne

Jun 27, 2019, 9:59:08 AM6/27/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
My autocrat job with errors did end up working correctly. I had some issues on my Google Sheet that I had to clear up. If you do need to do tables, then autocrat is the way to go. Feel free to share a copy of your Google Doc template and a copy of your spreadsheet and Google Form. I would be happy to take a look as well. horner...@howellschools.com. I like the look of your template!

Joseph Schmidt

Jun 27, 2019, 12:37:25 PM6/27/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
It may not apply to this application but FormMule has two special functions that allow you to summarize data into a table.  I've found it very helpful.

Ryan Horne

Jun 28, 2019, 8:41:12 AM6/28/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Joe, where can I find out more about FormMule's table features?

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 12:37:25 PM UTC-4, Joseph Schmidt wrote:
It may not apply to this application but FormMule has two special functions that allow you to summarize data into a table.  I've found it very helpful.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 9:59 AM Ryan Horne <hor...@howellschools.com> wrote:
My autocrat job with errors did end up working correctly. I had some issues on my Google Sheet that I had to clear up. If you do need to do tables, then autocrat is the way to go. Feel free to share a copy of your Google Doc template and a copy of your spreadsheet and Google Form. I would be happy to take a look as well. hor...@howellschools.com. I like the look of your template!

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 9:18:12 AM UTC-4, Isabella Gilchrist wrote:
[...]

Joseph Schmidt

Jun 28, 2019, 6:44:07 PM6/28/19
to nv-autocr...@googlegroups.com
See column 3 of Sheet3 or Video directions.

Jay Korza

Jun 30, 2019, 4:26:29 PM6/30/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
What was your fix because I am having the same issues. The merge works fine to start with and the first few form responses after the setup go through as setup. But then they stop coming and I have to manually run the trigger. I have the triggers set to go on form submission and every hour. The tab it is drawing from is the form entry tab.

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 6:59:08 AM UTC-7, Ryan Horne wrote:
My autocrat job with errors did end up working correctly. I had some issues on my Google Sheet that I had to clear up. If you do need to do tables, then autocrat is the way to go. Feel free to share a copy of your Google Doc template and a copy of your spreadsheet and Google Form. I would be happy to take a look as well. hor...@howellschools.com. I like the look of your template!

Isabella Gilchrist

Jul 8, 2019, 10:13:56 AM7/8/19
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hi Jay, doing what Ryan Horne fixed the issue for me. I deleted the sheet and the job, linked a new sheet and set up a new job and it works perfectly now.