Invalid API Key when I try to select a template from Google drive

Maks Žbogar

Feb 4, 2020, 6:39:54 AM2/4/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
I was using Autocrat on many projects without any issue...
But today I wanted to create new Google Sheet table to create some pdf reports from it with Autocrat.

I opened Google Sheet table with data and then I opened Autocrat, clicked "New Job" to create a new job.

screen1.png

 I entered title of this job "Potni nalogi" and clicked "Next":

screen2.png

 In next window I wanted to select a template:

screen3.png

Then I clicked button "From drive":

screen4.png

Then instead of Google Drive files, Error window popped up (in my, Slovene language) with "Error message" "API Developer key is not valid".
Whatever I do, I get this same error.
I don't want to open my previous projects because I am afraid something would go wrong and my old projects would stop work.

Does anyone knows what is the reason for this error?
Kindest regards, Maks

Amanda Smith

Feb 4, 2020, 10:00:02 AM2/4/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Hello,

Thank you for sharing images of the issue you are seeing, can you try to open Autocrat in a Chrome incognito window?
Also, can you check if you have any ad-blocker extensions installed? (ad-blockers and web-filtering software can interfere with Autocrat form loading correcting)
Thanks!

If you are still seeing this error can you please copy and paste your user key from the Autocrat menu in the add-ons dropdown on this thread and hold down Control+Shift+J" on a PC or "Command+Option+I" on a Mac and when the side window opens, take a screenshot of the error console ( make sure the side window is on the 'console' tab)
Thanks!

Maks Žbogar

Feb 4, 2020, 10:15:50 AM2/4/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Dear Amanda Smith

Thank you so much for your help. It was https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ Chrome extension. I often forget how buggy these Chrome extensions can be. Thanks to you, everything works now. There were some other web services that stopped working because of this extension, so I simply uninstalled it.
Thank you!!!!

Amanda Smith

Feb 4, 2020, 11:33:00 AM2/4/20
to NV Autocrat Add-on
Awesome. So happy to hear that the issue is resolved. Thank you for this update!
It is really helpful for others who may be experiencing the same issue to see how you fixed the error.